• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making A Drain Port

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobCochran

Registered
This weekend (probably on Sunday) I'm hoping to add a drain port to my friend's system. I ordered the needed parts -- the fittings are all the Barrow brand. I'll try to take photos and post the sequence of work to add the drain port.

My friend unfortunately will not allow me to move the mis-placed reservoir and pump from the very top of the case, but I hope to obtain permission eventually. Adding the drain port did get an okay, so that project is on.

Thanks

Bob

That case is wide open and susceptible to dust with its filters off. Electronics are dust magnets. I would make the case of moving the reservoir and getting it all tucked in there with the filters installed. Use angled fittings if you have to.

I still get some dust but at VERY little amounts and at a very slow rate before I use the blower. Probably once a year and every few months I just clean the removable filters.

Why wont he let you move the rez ?
Didnt the rez come with a bracket to grip the round part so it can be mounted like we have suggested ?

I have one final order pending and my system will be done... until the GTX 2080 is released anyway. ;)

Oddly enough, I decided to put in a drain after 15 years of just pulling the waterblock off and loosening a hose from there, I now have a second rad down lower in the case, so decided I needed something else. I had all the parts in my inventory except a ball valve. You don't need a ball valve if you cap it off securely, but wanted a little redundancy. Besides, I'm envisioning placing my small bucket into position, uncapping it, and then using the valve to control the outflow instead of the usually, "ready or not, here I come," sudden gush of water going everywhere when the hose pulls off the barb before you expected it. Wait, or am I the only one that happens to?

Back