• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

making a DVR and wondering about cpu selection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wakeboardin_411

like the title says and the only exsisting setup i might beabale to use is a 478 533fsb 2.4that'll oc to 3.0 with stock cooler. The ram is sd-ram pc133 if i don't need a new processor think i need a new board with ddr. Else wise whats the best processor to go with.

If i remember right, AMD is the way to go for DVR.. They fly at slower speeds for video recording. If you use your current setup, DDR would be a much better bet, and get a good amount of it, as DVRing needs more than just internet browsing memory.

right now AMD64 chips are beating intel in almost everything. Intel has a nice game of catch up to play with their new architecture coming out Q1

so dishing out 80 bucks for a sempron64 isn't a bad idea? or should i go for the extra L2 cache with a A64 and could you guys specify speed range and price(i plan on ocing with wc system.

get a PC-DL with 2x LV chips. ~$300-400 (depending on chips) and yuor good for a while with enconding.

Back