• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

making gaming pc for 70" 4k tv. bought i5-6600 but thinking of getting i7-6700k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How small and closed is the closet? The heat will need to find its way out of there. The cooler you put on the CPU only gets it from the CPU to surrounding air. If that surrounding air can't move the heat away, it'll just keep getting hotter. Consider adding vents to the closet.

It doesn't matter what cooling you're using if your ambient temps in the closet get too high.

If you can swing a 70" 4K tv it seems to me budgetary concerns are out the door

Water cool 2x 980Ti's and be done with it and throw the 4c8t CPU for the fun of it :)

It would be great. If it is attic space above.

Cut a hole in the top of the closet and put a Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO there. Vent the whole system directly to the attic. Vent in the door for intake and some decent case fans. It would be a awesome way to do things.

His two graphics cards are going to put out WAY more heat than his CPU...just sayin'...

It really doesn't matter what device(s) is(are) putting out the load...what matters is the load in total and keeping it cool.

so the whole closet thing i will just open the closet door when using the computer.

I returned the i5-6600 today. Will buy a i7-6700 along with a samsung 950. now concern is the psu. i got the cx750. worried not enough for 2 290x's. am thinking of going with tx850.

What do you think is corsair cx750 enough for i76700k and 2 290x?

BTW every since ive join this forum my budget has almost doubled for this build!

making gaming pc for 70" 4k tv. bought i5-6600 but thinking of getting i7-6700k

It's called "Overclock-itis"...it's spread by direct contact with this forum.

:D

Last edited:
so the whole closet thing i will just open the closet door when using the computer.

I returned the i5-6600 today. Will buy a i7-6700 along with a samsung 950. now concern is the psu. i got the cx750. worried not enough for 2 290x's. am thinking of going with tx850.

What do you think is corsair cx750 enough for i76700k and 2 290x?

BTW every since ive join this forum my budget has almost doubled for this build!

You already got our thoughts on this in the other thread you created...

Back