• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Manual says 2 "new"drives for Raid0 ichr+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipster

I believe I'll be setting up this array and have just read that when doing so to "use 2 new drives"? The reason I question this is because I have the 2 new drives which are identical but I have been using 1 of them temp. with my OS to get er' up and going. Also this may not be the appropiate place to ask but XP installs some "little file or tag" on a drive, if I can use this one, will that "tag" be removed and everything work out OK after I format for the Raid O setup? ( I assume that I'll have to reformat it)
Thanks for the input:beer:

That little tag is just part of the Master Boot Record. I believe that when you do a full format it erases the MBR, so you don't need to worry about it.

Just format the drive you used, build the array, and install XP. I did the same thing you are doing with my 2 Raptors. I used 1 for a while, then bought another one and set up RAID. It worked fine.

Needitcooler said:
That little tag is just part of the Master Boot Record. I believe that when you do a full format it erases the MBR, so you don't need to worry about it.

Just format the drive you used, build the array, and install XP. I did the same thing you are doing with my 2 Raptors. I used 1 for a while, then bought another one and set up RAID. It worked fine.
Great clarification :cool: works for me:D

Back