• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Manually install drivers direct to hard disk? - windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tombo12345

Ok, I am having a strange problem. I am technically using a macbook pro, trying to get a bootcamp installation going. I'm no mac idiot, I know my way around computers, have built hackintoshes etc. So the issue I'm having, is that windows 7 does not natively support usb3. The macbook pro retina that I am using uses a usb3 bus for controlling it's internal keyboard and trackpad, as well as only having 2 usb3 ports. So basically windows 7 will boot up just fine and dandy (it even worked for a little while until presumably windows update ****ed it up). The problem is that nothing works once windows has booted, and the system is paralyzed (Outside of the power button). The mouse and keyboard will not work, nor will external mice and keyboards work, because everything is usb3.

So, I have access to the file system of windows, and have been attempting for the last several hours to manually install these usb3 drivers, but I still can't get it working. I know I could reinstall the whole shebang, but it will take soooooo long. I already have it installed and updated, there has to be a better way. Any ideas?

Back