• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII October: y-cruncher - Pi-1b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
your 8350 won't take 2400 sticks?

Yes it will, I don't have issue running any other sticks on it other then the Snipers. If I recall correctly I've run the sticks up to 2500+ mhz. It was just the Sniper 1866 sticks, that gave it fits and I've done pretty much everything I can think of to get them stable.

Get the Fx 9370 going and well have a best of the worst competition. :D

I have my 6700k on the test bench maybe I'll give er a go tonight.

Just not gonna have the time for that bud!

No 9900k results yet? I will try and get setup with 9900k and run this (for science) before the end of the comp.

No 9900k results yet? I will try and get setup with 9900k and run this (for science) before the end of the comp.

They seem to be quite elusive for us mere mortals ha ha. Been watching the stores but still no stock and wasn't fortunate enough for a review sample.

First time I have had a chance to run this in days...4.8 GHz no AVX offset. Temps hit 77C here so I have a bit more room at these ambient temps. Time to start opening the windows, men!

Earthdog/9900K/2x120mm CLC/52.001

9900k.jpg

(G{in}[AK)TION] / Ryzen 2700x / AIO COOLER / 71.761 Seconds

4.3ghz at 1.4v. now gone. i cant pull it off again except only at 4.2 with the time at 72 seconds. really irritates me. i dont know if it was pll voltage that did it (realized it too late in the asus bios as it was set to 2 volts on auto). Crying on the inside right now.

4.3ghz 2700x 1.4v.png

It may just be temperatures G. When really pushing, even if you're not near what is considered high temps, you may not be cool enough for that voltage. For example when I'm taking stuff " sub ambient " I know there sometimes comes a point where the chips just cannot take the voltage even though I could be -70 c and readings on any temps are all way below "too hot".

My point, wait until your ambient temps drop and see if you can repeat it. :)

It's at 83c when at full load. I dont think it would have been temperatures. It's being cooled by a Corsair h100iv2 with two ml120s at full speed connected directly to CPU fan header with aio being plugged into AIO header on board.

It's not so much that it's too hot G_K, it's too hot to take more voltage. This is true for every system. The CPU itself will not remain stable because the voltage is too high for the temperature and it won't matter how much more voltage you apply it's not going to stabilize since it's the voltage making it unstable. On normal ambient cooling 1.4-1.45V is about max for Ryzen, on my cold loop I can get up to 1.55V and 4.55GHz on LN2 I can get over 5.0 GHz with just 1.5V this is strictly because of temperature. The CPU runs much more efficiently -120° than it does at 83° but even then it reaches a limit where more voltage isn't going to change anything and the CPU just stops scaling.
Perhaps if you had opened a window and dropped the ambien temp 10° then you would have been able to do it again. Could have been as simple as a fresh boot when everything was cooled gave it just enough room to finish before the AIO warmed up and the VRM got hot etc..

Back