• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII October: y-cruncher - Pi-1b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't get it. Is copy/paste harder than manually typing it in?

Also, there's supposed to be a space between "bcdedit" and "/set"

JUst a bit more and you'll have Manny beat!

Is this IPC/Clock speed or RAM or both ? I'm at the end of what my NH-D15 can take [emoji28]

Get the Fx 9370 going and well have a best of the worst competition. :D

Its your win then, I'm not quite sure what else I can do to bump it, my RAM isn't 100% stable at anything over 1866mhz, not sure if it's the sticks, mobo or IMC [emoji17]

then run it at 1866, you are at 1600 now, 1866 should push you up some.
I don't have the time to slap a 9590 rig together to get manny.
going from 1866 to 2600 ram bought me almost 18 seconds with my apu, look at the amd results.

Its your win then, I'm not quite sure what else I can do to bump it, my RAM isn't 100% stable at anything over 1866mhz, not sure if it's the sticks, mobo or IMC [emoji17]

Have you tried giving the Cpu-nb voltage a bump? I need to run mine pretty high to get my memory stable above 1866. I believe mine is at 1.3875v iirc. Sorry, the 8350 has been running as is for the last 4 or 5 years so I forget the settings I have it at.

Have you tried giving the Cpu-nb voltage a bump? I need to run mine pretty high to get my memory stable above 1866. I believe mine is at 1.3875v iirc.

Yep, it's at 1.4v at the moment and i pushed it to 1.45v with no difference, only thing i can do is reduce speed and timings. Stock is 1866mhz 9-10-9-27 (which btw increased result to 189s) and my run was at 1600mhz 7-8-8-24.

I had a set of Gskill snipers that gave me fits with the 8350 at anything over 1600 mhz. I don't think the Ic on the Corsair are the same as the Snipers. Though, you may be correct that they just don't like the Fx over 1600.

It did the same with my fx-4300 and he's a 5ghz 1.41v, so... yeah... still not bad though i think :D

strange, I have 32 gigs of g-skill sniper 1866 and it all gets along just fine with amd and intel, my crucial and kingston will not play nice at all with amd.

strange, I have 32 gigs of g-skill sniper 1866 and it all gets along just fine with amd and intel, my crucial and kingston will not play nice at all with amd.

One set of Snipers I actually RMA'd 2x before I just accepted the 8350 just hated them. I could never figure out why, they just gave me fits. It would sometimes pass 3 different stress tests and then just bsod or freeze for no reason. I tried everything with them, they just wouldn't run right at 1866 on the 8350. I have at least 4 different sets of sticks I've run without a hiccup on the 8350 at or above 1866 but the snipers just weren't having it. I finally just put in the 2400 Tridents and ran them at 2133 without a problem.

Back