• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VII October: y-cruncher - Pi-1b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mackerel/i7-7800X/chilled water/40.081

AVX-512 is really punishing... chilled water has got me 100 MHz over regular water. Hottest core hit 87 and I know at the current voltage the next frequency step isn't stable.

yc-1b-40-081.png

mackerel/2x E5 2650/air/104.606

mackerel/E5 2683v3 ES/air/59.623

Just thought I'd throw it onto Xeons for something a bit different. Not really competitive though.

image_id_2077406.png

image_id_2077383.png

This thread has been a debacle with getting the right times, required apps, required settings, etc... I am running out of fingers for the amount of times people bricked something in the screenshot or running the bench! :rofl:

Nobody is perfect but some of you would be fired if this was a job! :p :rofl:

The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome, right? :p

at least we arent doing it on purpose unlike some certain reviewer company is...
Que?

To All: Is it possible to have screenshots show RUNNING clockspeeds and voltages? This helps everyone when looking and seeing where they are at with their particular CPU. :)

PT?

ALSO you should be able to see clock speed in CPUZ where it says multiplier and bus speed.

If you want voltages, then we would have to use HWINFO which would also cover max CPU speed as well....the again we wouldn't know how to prove what our AVX offset is.

I say just continue doing what we have always been doing.

I just aim for hwbot acceptable screenshots. If more specifics are needed for clocks/voltages etc. I could write them in.

Hwbot acceptable is the goal (min reqs)... which doesn't request running clocks voltage. I am saying that it is good to have in the screenshot so those coming across it can easily see what it is. That's all. :)

ALSO you should be able to see clock speed in CPUZ where it says multiplier and bus speed.
So........we have to look at the value on the right in the parenthesis then and look at bus speed? You can get it that way, but why make people math :rofl:?

I'm not trying to make it a rule, but a helpful suggestion to those posting as it provides more info to those looking. I mean, is it really hard to jiggle your mouse so clocks raise and take a screenshot? Is that easier than 26x98.7? :D :clap:

Gin, what is PT? What review company is doing what on purpose btw?

PT is the test house that used some questionable AMD settings when testing them against the Intel 9 series.

As for idle vs running clock, I never gave it much thought. 99% of the time it shows the higher clock. I don't know why sometimes it is on the 1%. Is there any benching benefit to disable the power save mode anyway? That might be a good enough reason to do so!

I'm finally able to start messing with this 1950X been a long road but it's up and running. Still need to work on better cooling.

Johan45/ TR 1950X/AIO/ 40.876

40.876.JPG

jiccman1965 / i9 7960x / AIR / 20.098 Seconds

Got some stuff out of storage and only had an air cooler, I was going through withdraw from not benching...

snaphsot0007.png

Last edited:
Thanks man, Yeah had to dig through the storage until to find my stuff from the PA benching party. I only had it up to 3.7GHZ, only had a Hyper T4 air cooler. CPU efficiency was 96.25% not sure that means much I had it over 97% a few times also. Never broke 1v that's not saying much.

Back