• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: February Heaven DX11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MetalRacer | GTX 780 Ti | Single | Air | 4101.128

Capture125.jpg

Last edited:
41K... World Record! :p

Nice run!!!! MONSTER clocks on that 780ti... what was the actual boost clock for that run? And was this chilled air on the card?

Nice run metal, don't think anyone can catch 41K :rofl:
I see it's just a typo. Are you going to submit that? Looks like #1 to me.

@Woomack, I gave that bios a shot last night looks like it comes from a Club3D card. The funny/weird thing was It gave me the 150% like it said but my volts dropped back to stock. I checked the bios ver. in Kepler editor and it's set to 1.213v but it wouldn't take. Back to the drawing board.
@E_D I also did some testing with the Boost clocks and NvidiaInspector was almost dead on sometimes off by a few Hz ( I mean 2 or 3) but quite accurate to be honest. I took a screen shot but didn't hav any more time last night. The only time it had discrepency was if I played with the voltage slider then it would overestimate, i think because my voltage was at max already and the slider wasn't technically raising the volts.

That is really odd. These Kepler cards have like 7(?) boost bins or so. Every card I had boosted well over what GPUz would say. Perhaps the non native BIOS are what is doing that? One of the modded BIOS' I had for the Lightning shut off boost all together.

For example, look at my 780 Lighting review, See what GPUz reports as boost (1033 MHz)? Then look right above that for the actual boost clock (1124 MHz) when running...

Well my bios is modded but I didn't touch the boost just the voltage. It's possible that the software I used has set the boost to a certain say 50Mhz I never had that part open. I did see that you were getting upwards of 100Mhz boost where mine was pretty consistent at 50 reguardless of the clock I set.

Well you can always mail me the 780 and I can test it out for you :rofl::rofl:

I still trying to figure out the boost in evga precision... Running stock it boosted to 1124mhz under load and when I added +75mhz it was reporting 1228mhz under load. It doesn't make sense to me it's almost like it just boost itself to a maximum level automatically. I have set the TDP to 106% maybe it is just going to that level and stopping because with an offset of +135mhz it still stopped at 1228mhz.

Try +135 GPU and +125 MEM @ 106% also @ 80c and if you want to you can add some voltage as well PB!! When you do the 106% and the Temp you need to break the link by clicking on it with your mouse!!

Snap 2014-02-21 at 16.44.25.jpg

That should make it work!! Just forget about BOOST it does that like AUTO!!

Concentrate on your MEM CLK + your GPU CLK!!

AJ.

Last edited:
I still trying to figure out the boost in evga precision... Running stock it boosted to 1124mhz under load and when I added +75mhz it was reporting 1228mhz under load. It doesn't make sense to me it's almost like it just boost itself to a maximum level automatically. I have set the TDP to 106% maybe it is just going to that level and stopping because with an offset of +135mhz it still stopped at 1228mhz.
Check to make sure it is not hitting the low power limit and throttling because of it. If temps are under 80C (or you can raise that limit), its not temps. But you will need a log/graph like MSI AB has (I think Precision X does as well) to see if the clocks are actually holding.

With my 780, had to find a sweet spot of voltage added, clocks, and hitting the power limit. If you just crank the volts, you will likely not hit the highest boost bin due to the power limit throttling. paying attention to the boost clocks and the power use is PARAMOUNT to getting the most out of these GPUs.

As a side note to memory clocks... When one says +XXX, for example, +200, it is actually only half of that as at least MSI AB is not using the DDR rates it seems. Not sure if it works in precision that way, but just know at least some applications do that and not to mistake +XXX as the ACTUAL Mhz of the ram.

Last edited:
Try +135 GPU and +125 MEM @ 106% also @ 80c and if you want to you can add some voltage as well PB!! When you do the 106% and the Temp you need to break the link by clicking on it with your mouse!!

View attachment 139918

That should make it work!! Just forget about BOOST it does that like AUTO!!

Concentrate on your MEM CLK + your GPU CLK!!

AJ.

I think you missed the point of PB's post Ajay. We're discussing the Boost predictability and software that may actually estimate it accurately. My card is fairly predictable but it seems the 780's may have an added bin.

Sorry i just thought he was just trying things out, did not realize we where getting really TECHNICAL on this subject. Thanks Johan for the heads up buddy!!

AJ.

Last edited:
Well, on my 770 review, It did boost around 40Mhz only...so that is likely normal. Now, Shrimp's 780... that is what I want to know what the boost clock was.

http://www.overclockers.com/MSI-GTX770-OC-graphics-card-review

It was actually overclocked 12mhz with my +12 input on AB. Stock clocks are 1006 mhz and the OC as it stood was 1018mhz. The Boost then went from 1059mhz to 1071mhz.

It did in fact overclock. It was just a very small amount and was exactly how much I had input into AB.

Also NVI 1.9.7.2 displays Over Voltage Option from 0.0mV to 62.5mV increase. The slider only has 5 increments to choose from, so no fine tuning there.

If you need a screen shot, lemme know.

Nope.. all good! The end game for me was to see what it was. I have a lot higher clocks but still can't reach that score.

Did you do any tweaking on it?

41K... World Record! :p

Nice run!!!! MONSTER clocks on that 780ti... what was the actual boost clock for that run? And was this chilled air on the card?

I wish it was 41k :p Its boosting at 1345 according to GPU-Z.

The card is a Classy running the xti ln2 bios kingpin posted.

I did have the window open but the temps were in the mid 50's.

Shoot.. missed you had that in your ss... My bad.

I need to get a skynet bios on my 780 so I can beat shrimpy... :)

And then I need to push this 290 to beat you..lol. But, not sure it has it in her on 22c ambient and the core craps out at 1228 it seems. Bleh.

Nope.. all good! The end game for me was to see what it was. I have a lot higher clocks but still can't reach that score.

Did you do any tweaking on it?

No Tweaking daily gaming OS raid 0 WD 7200 rpm'ers. The card flys!

Shoot.. missed you had that in your ss... My bad.

I need to get a skynet bios on my 780 so I can beat shrimpy... :)

And then I need to push this 290 to beat you..lol. But, not sure it has it in her on 22c ambient and the core craps out at 1228 it seems. Bleh.

Beat me? Well doubtful I'll OC much until I get better cooling. This card is hot enough already BUT about 35c cooler on air than my GTX 480 was :thup: and both cards are 250 watts.

Where do I put that?? No seriously, I didn't think the stock heat sink even touched any of the ram?

Or do you mean for a full cover water block? http://www.ekwb.com/news/432/19/EK-FC780-GTX-HOF-for-Galaxy-KFA-GTX-780-Ti-Hall-Of-Fame-released/

Man that think looooks soooo daaaaaamn goooood!! Drooling guys. absolutely beautiful isn't it?! God I want one so bad!

Back