• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: February Heaven DX11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry, but why is your OC only 800.0 Mhz???? I do not understand that if it was higher you should be scoring much higher than that with those 2 x 290's!!!

AJ.

I would look at you INTEL SPEED STEP!! And check things out in your Bios as well!

AJ.

Screen shot was taken after the run so yes the Cpu throttled down to 800mhz with no load on it. Is my score low?

To be honest i have no experience of the 290's just looking at the other scores with that card. So i would leave that for the AMD CARD guy's to help you or give you guidance.

Respectfully,

AJ.

Screen shot was taken after the run so yes the Cpu throttled down to 800mhz with no load on it. Is my score low?
Considering I got 4k with one card...

...you need to disable tessellation in the CCC. That is a morjor thing right there.

Come on ED spill the beans and point him in the right direction or do you want to keep all the trade secrets my friend!!

AJ.

P.S. Yeah i saw the mammoth score on the front page, very nice!

Johan...here's your new bios. I included the original as well. The new bios is named New.com

Thanks for the bios Yamaha, At first I didn't see any difference with NVI so I installed AB and got 120% power but lost voltage control with Unofficial OC. So I opened NVI again and then I had the voltage and 120% power :shrug:
Either way I think I might be at the GPU's limit. I didn't have a lot of time, trying to get some painting done before the warm weather gets here. Later this week I'm going to do a fresh install and try again I know this OS has been beaten and bruised so time for a new one.
I did manage to get 2521 but that was mostly system increases not GPU.

Here you have the same BIOS as yamaha posted but with disabled turbo and forced 1.212V. Better for benching , shouldn't throttle ;)

View attachment 140057

Thanks Woomack, I'll give it a shot later. Throttling wasn't the issue AFIK , it was crashing the driver. I did a lot of monitoring this time using heaven in a small window. It only ever reached 85% power usage and the temps were good. I do have to wonder if the volts were actually enabled or just appeared to be. It made very little difference not even an extra 5MHz could be had. Just over 1300 was my top clock 1320 would always crash. I do want to use a new OS to see if that'll help with stability.

Well I finally made a difference. Thanks for your help Yamaha and Woomack I never managed to get any more Hz out of it 1316 is the top for this bench. I think the Fresh OS and it was a brand new SSD made a big difference. What ever it was something just clicked.
Johan45/GTX 770/Single/Air/ 2567.092

hevx 770 2567.092.jpg

Last edited:
Back