• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: January 3DMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't recall saying it was a bad CPU...

Anyway, I paid $200 for it shipped (no trades, sraight up new). The intent was, and still is to benchmark it, and flip it. But since it has daily driver duties, that may not ever happen. I may take it outside in the cold though. We will see. I have become increasing lazy, but more so, zero time to do anything outside of family and reviewing.

@ Johan, nice run!!! But uhh, what speed? Your SS shows you have power savings on...

Not any more.

I was just messing around with the window open that night and had just installed Win7 the day before, so hadn't gotten all the checkmarks done. That was 4.9 on this crazy little TT AIO, I think it was 1.46-8v

Only Joking about my poor CPU, i don't like it much as it causes my set up to be Imbalanced towards my GPU side. So hopefully next week i shall sort that out and put it to bed ED.

Will post what i have got and the results as well!

AJ.

Yeah, temps when running 05 on 4c/4t were only hitting ~60C, so even at ambient (20C) I still had some headroom. This chip has degraded like a sonofagun though. I used to be around 1.39 for 5Ghz bench stable (anything not named Cinebench). Now 1.5v... I suppose the 1.8v+ @ -110C it didn;t like. :p

Only Joking about my poor CPU, i don't like it much as it causes my set up to be Imbalanced towards my GPU side. So hopefully next week i shall sort that out and put it to bed ED.

Will post what i have got and the results as well!

AJ.
300Mhz and cache isn't the answer, but... you keep on keeping on! :) :thup:

Yeah, temps when running 05 on 4c/4t were only hitting ~60C, so even at ambient (20C) I still had some headroom. This chip has degraded like a sonofagun though. I used to be around 1.375 for 5Ghz. Now 1.5v... I suppose the 1.8v+ @ -110C it didn;t like. :p

Funny what a little voltage will do to these things. :clap:

You'll like what you see until you put them under cold. They hardly scale, if at all. :( I had a sweet setup right around when they came out. Maybe the silicon got better while I was gone. Anyway, I'll run a quick test with my 7970 and see how I do. :)

Edit: Man I really need to check what page I'm on. I just responded to a post on the first page. :bang head

You'll like what you see until you put them under cold. They hardly scale, if at all. :( I had a sweet setup right around when they came out. Maybe the silicon got better while I was gone. Anyway, I'll run a quick test with my 7970 and see how I do. :)

Edit: Man I really need to check what page I'm on. I just responded to a post on the first page. :bang head

Now that's funny, I'm sure we've all done that once or twice:salute:

I won't be. :( I head back down to Champaign on the 20th, so I just don't have time to get it done. And I just don't want to breakdown my daily rig.

I added CPU brand used, add it in on your new submissions if you like. It'll make it easier to see how you stack up.

Had to try one with the 9370 and my 580's whoa what a difference.
Johan45/FX-9370/GTX580/Dual/37369
For some reason GPUz is saying I have PhysX enabled???

3d5 37369.JPG

Did this one just for the fun of it, not for points. Just posting it for comparisons.
Mandrake4565|GTX 580|Single|Air|31501
3d05,31501.PNG

ShrimpBrime | NV GTX 480 | Single | Liquid Cpu&Gpu | 47213

There... Broke 47K :p

Attachments

• 3Dmark05 GTX 480 47213pts.jpg
    3Dmark05 GTX 480 47213pts.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 50
New Update. Finally went sub Zero ambient. I have a screen shot of my temps too if anyone is interested. lol

Blaylock|HD7950|Single|Air|31315

New Update. Finally went sub Zero ambient. I have a screen shot of my temps too if anyone is interested. lol

Blaylock|HD7950|Single|Air|31315

That makes it official, you have lost your mind like the rest of the crazies. :D Nice run Blaylock.

Back