• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: January 3DMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm trying the hard cmos reset right now (on my lappy). I really do hope that works. If not, I'll be taking my motherboard and cpu to a local computer place and see which piece of hardware went bad.

I probably can do 950 with 1.150v with the stock cooler. I'm going to be doing "The Mod" to it and see if I can break 1.0 GHz with it "water cooled".

Nice. That's a good card to run that clock and voltage. jealous over here!

I made a thread for GTX 480 in the NV section. I'm trying to hit that 1000mhz and bench, but the driver just drops off. It's a pain in the butt to say the least.

I hope the cmos reset helps too. Most likely the bios chip is corrupted beyond repair. you can find this place on e-bay called BiosDepot. They have bios chips, so you may be able to swap out the chip and get the board working again.

It wouldn't hurt to try a different cpu though.....

Nice. That's a good card to run that clock and voltage. jealous over here!

I made a thread for GTX 480 in the NV section. I'm trying to hit that 1000mhz and bench, but the driver just drops off. It's a pain in the butt to say the least.

I hope the cmos reset helps too. Most likely the bios chip is corrupted beyond repair. you can find this place on e-bay called BiosDepot. They have bios chips, so you may be able to swap out the chip and get the board working again.

It wouldn't hurt to try a different cpu though.....

Yeah. I'm hoping that the hard reset works. Going to leave it like that over night then try again in the morning.

Is a bios chip swap hard to do? Isn't pull the bios chip and drop in the other chip?

Yeah. I'm hoping that the hard reset works. Going to leave it like that over night then try again in the morning.

Is a bios chip swap hard to do? Isn't pull the bios chip and drop in the other chip?

Ya pretty easy. There's a tool for pulling bios chips. I'd advise to get one.

Here ya go E_D first attempt with the block and some cold weather I knew I could get better

Johan45/i74770k/GTX580/Dual/Air/55019
nice!!! Makes me want to bench mine in the cold...I may need to if jicc posts up his 5.3ghz runs. :)

nice!!! Makes me want to bench mine in the cold...I may need to if jicc posts up his 5.3ghz runs. :)

Thaks E_D I knew these 580s could give you a run. Ya I read that last night, the competition just keeps getting tougher. If we get some more -20c days next week, I could go a bit higher but the voltage scales pretty fast on these puppies, doesn't it.

Once you get there.. it does. :)

Im looking at a low of 12F(-11C) tonight, so, we will give it a go again and see if I can't manage to reach 5.3Ghz with some really, really cold water. :)

None for me today things have warmed up and we're in the middle of a blizzard!

Well doing the hard reset overnight did not help one bit. Looks like I'm going to a few local computer stores and see if they can diagnose the problem. Thanks ShrimpBrime for trying to help me out. If they can't figure out what the problem is then I'll just upgrade to the current platform :thup: However, will broadwell or even skylark work on 1150 socket?

I notice right before every restart the Debugger shows code 10 for a second then shuts down and reboots. Here's what Debug Code 10 means: PEI Core is started. Is it a mobo or cpu issue based on that code? I searched google and got mixed results.

I managed 55,357 5.150Ghz, but not sure how to get the result pretty. I did it offline and saved the file and can see it in the XML/3DR file. I went to submit it (online now) and it says submission failed... :(

I managed 55,357 5.150Ghz, but not sure how to get the result pretty. I did it offline and saved the file and can see it in the XML/3DR file. I went to submit it (online now) and it says submission failed... :(
Well that sucks ED

Update GTX TITAN/570/480

jiccman1965/GTX 480/Air/56263
56263_gtx480.png

jiccman1965/GTX 570/Air/56299
56299_gtx570.png

jiccman1965/GTX TITAN/Air/57253
57253_GTZTITAN.png

Is your SS size too big causing your file size to be greater than 2MB?
let me be more clear...

When you submit the save file to futuremark to get the score, it says submission failed. We are not talking screenshots and OCF. :)

Excellent runs jicc! Even in the cold I couldn't break 5150mhz...

let me be more clear...

When you submit the save file to futuremark to get the score, it says submission failed. We are not talking screenshots and OCF. :)

I'm in the same boat as you sort of, ED. I can't get into windows at 5.2 without it BSOD on me, though I've only tried 1.6 Cpu V. I was able to get a few runs in @ 5150 as well but my scores went down by 3k points. I'm thinking it wasn't stable enough with the voltage I was giving. It should be cold next week so I may be able to give it a whirl then.

Yeah this chip will not go any faster then 5.3GHZ no matter what I have tried. It did boot at 5.5GHZ with 2 core but failed after a minute or to.
let me be more clear...

let me be more clear...

I'm in the same boat as you sort of, ED. I can't get into windows at 5.2 without it BSOD on me, though I've only tried 1.6 Cpu V. I was able to get a few runs in @ 5150 as well but my scores went down by 3k points. I'm thinking it wasn't stable enough with the voltage I was giving. It should be cold next week so I may be able to give it a whirl then.

Yeah this chip will not go any faster then 5.3GHZ no matter what I have tried. It did boot at 5.5GHZ with 2 core but failed after a minute or to.

I haven't tried anything above 5.1 ,I did get it to work but I'm already creeping over 1.6v, maybe a bit more cold tonight will make a difference.
I don't think you're going to have much to worry about jiccman. It would be a miracle if I managed to hit 57000. Nice runs by the way.

Johan45/i7 4770k/GTX770 DCUII/single/AIR/56276
I knew it could break 56k

3D 56276.JPG

Back