• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marvell SATA Controller on ASUS P9X79 Deluxe Main Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

webdevii

Does anyone know why when I have 2 Seagate 4 TB Drives plugged into the Marvell Sata controller and it set to ACHI In BIOS, the drives are showing up in the System Tray as USB Drives and none of my ACTUAL USB DRIVES WILL BE RECOGNIZED. I have the 2, 4 TB drives configured as Simple Volume and Spanned to 8 TB on that particular controller via Windows
Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management, and NOT the Marvell Controller. I have not tried to disable the Marvel to see if that is actually what is causing my USB 2 or 3 Ports not to recognize external Drive Docks as these Docks were working perfectly before I did enable the Marvel and Now they are not. So just an Assumption but I think that is what is causing it. But yeah down in the lower right corner where that little USB Icon is with the Green Checkmark for Disconnecting of USB devices it shows my 2 4000 GB drives as Drive X and Drive Y, Mind you they are Spanned and show up in My Computer as One Drive Letter X:\ and they are plugged into the Motherboard Marvel Controller. I have proved the Dock works as I can plug it into another computer with any ole hard drive in it, and it recognizes it without issue.

I just thought I would mention this board does have 2 Marvell 6Gps Sata Ports and 4 Intel 6 Gps Sata and 2 3 GPS Sata this never happened when I had drives plugged into the Intel Sata ports, however I did not have them Spanned soooo. Also this is where I have backed up my NAS to and dont really want to change ports now unless anyone know a way of keeping the Span since it was done in windows and just plugging the 2 4TB drives into two of the intel ports.

Anyone that can help I would greatly appreciate it

Thank You in Advance
Dev

Back