• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max sustainable temp for Athlon XP 1900+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baldy18

Registered
I'm looking for documents talking about the maximum recommended sustained temp for Athlon XP processors. Prefferably from AMD but any reputable source will work. No you are not a reputable source. Need to prove something to a friend. I've found plenty about the max temp but nothing on max sustainable temp.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/Processor_Recognition_Rev02_ENG.pdf

pretty sure amd will count as a "reputable source"

anyway, the max temp varies

" OPN CODE"
R.............70C
V.............85C
T.............90C
S.............95C
Q............100C

the 2100+ at newegg has a code of
AXDA2100DUT3C

thats a "T" so its max is 90C

2800+ barton has a code of AXDA2800DKV4D
that makes it a "V" max temp of 85C

get the picture? there is no correct answer. that can only be answered when you give us the serial number.

I'm not sure what the serial number of the chip is since it belongs to my friend. Any idea of what codes are possible for a 1900+ or are they all posibilities for that speed chip?

well the 1800+ Palomino and 1800+ Thoroughbred cores on newegg are both "T" . so i think your friends is most likely a "T" or 90C max. (not that you would ever want it that hot)

Back