• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max Vcore on AMD 1090t be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bass_Infektor

Registered
To get a stable OC past the 4ghz range, is it cool to insinuate that raising the vcore makes it more stable but causes more heat?
So if you have a great cooler to begin with, why should it even matter?

To get a stable OC past the 4ghz range, is it cool to insinuate that raising the vcore makes it more stable but causes more heat?
So if you have a great cooler to begin with, why should it even matter?

Well more voltage for one not only raises heat but lowers the life expectancy of your CPU. Plus CPU's can only handle a certain amount of voltage before they get fried, you could be on L2N in the sub-zero temps but that doesn't mean you can jack up the voltage as high as you want. At some point the amount of voltage you use becomes dangerous to the cpu is the short answer.

If you were to somehow graph your cpu's voltage vs. performance you'd see that at a certain point the cpu is at maximum efficiency/stability but then the higher you go it starts to go down, it's not a linear relationship.

I keep hearing different stories about voltages lol.
Some say it decreases life of cpu and others said it don't.
I'm no expert on this so that's why im asking.

It's fact that it decreases cpu life, the only reason I say that is because it just makes sense. The whole heart of the story is simple though, cpu's can only handle a certain amount of voltage so even if you completely ignore the cpu/life debate it's still fact that your cpu can only handle upto a certain amount of voltage before it goes poof.

1.5v is probably the highest you want to go and not to keep 24/7 I keep my unlocked 960t 1.45 with 40mm fans to keep my boards mosfets cool and I have good cooling so my temps are good as well.

1.5v is probably the highest you want to go and not to keep 24/7 I keep my unlocked 960t 1.45 with 40mm fans to keep my boards mosfets cool and I have good cooling so my temps are good as well.

+1

Back