• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus Hero VIII + 6700k OC, vcore/clocks no drop during idle...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Good Day,

I have speedstep and all c-states enabled as well as using balanced power plan mode in windows 10. I'm using adaptive mode with a + offset for my OC and I have BIOS version 3401.

What I'm trying to achieve is during idle a vcore and clocks drop. I can't seem to do this no matter what I try. The only time I see a vcore/clocks drop in HWiNFO is when I use "load optimized defaults" in BIOS...

I believe that all the settings I'm using are supposed to allow me to see a vcore and clocks drop when idle?

Last edited:
What you're describing should work. What does CPUz report?

reports the same voltage all the time...

I feel like it might be newer BIOS versions that longer allow it to work if you're OC'ing..despite using the above settings. It used to work with a much older BIOS...I just thought I'd ask in case I'm missing something.

It IS bios related.
I run an older bios on my VIII Hero for a reason. ;)
Hero support is dismal at best.

It IS bios related.
I run an older bios on my VIII Hero for a reason. ;)
Hero support is dismal at best.

Well...thanks for clearing that up. :)

Which version of BIOS are you running? Are you OC'ing and what is the OC on your CPU??

What are your rig specs?

Which version of BIOS are you running? Are you OC'ing and what is the OC on your CPU??

What are your rig specs?

It's complicated. It's not my daily.
I pretty much use this just to bench video cards.
6700K @ 4.8-5.0 pending the bench
16 gig of Trident Z's @ 3733 CL13

Bios 0040 gives me the best clocks.
CPU is not a great one. Just average.

I have the same issue with my BIOS. Works as intended with everything on Auto. I haven't figured out how to get it to ramp up to my OC speed and still drop voltage and speed at idle and lower usage loads.

Enable EIST for clock speed reduction and for Vcore voltage reduction folks need to use Adaptive/Dynamic DVID Vcore settings.

Back