• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus II Gene? Anyone seeming to have issue with FSB Term undervolting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

Last night, with the Q6600 in, I had the first BSOD of my Maximus II Gene when running 64-bit Prime95 blend to fully load the bus and it was STOP: 0x00000124, with a sub code indicating a bus error, so I scrambled to the BIOS and manually set the FSB termination voltage to 1.20V. The RAM isn't OC'ed, LOL. And I know that at least with a dual and a single stick, it does 450 Mhz FSB easily.

After I did that, zero errors when running Prime95 before stopping it at 7 hours to call it all clear.

This is with a quad and all 4 DIMM slots filled!

I set the FSB termination voltage to 1.20 V and afterwards, blend mode Prime95 was still chugging along at 4 AM!

(IIRC, the board BIOS was telling me that the FSB termination voltage was at 1.1 V or around there.)

Looks like I hit the sweet spot now!

And Intel Burn Test didn't fail, even with the above issue! I was like, what now?

Linpack seems to suck for finding bus issues.....

Last edited:
Back