• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

May be dumb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazykraut

Is anybody able to tell me where i can get browser and e/mail software for WIN 98se??

edit:Am just trying to get on internet

Thanks for your help but I cant get it ok. I will use it to play civilisation(from 1991)

Last edited:
Pirate Window's 7? Naw just kidding.
Mozilla might work. I also believe you may be able to get older versions of Internet Explorer.

you can go up as far as IE6sp1 on 98se for IE.

Firefox up to 2.6 something will work.

Opera (all versions as far as i can tell from experiments i've done) will work.

Firefox 2.6? What is that?

2.0.0.20 was followed by Firefox 3, which dropped support for Windows 98/Me.

I think that's great if Opera remained compatible with Windows 98.

Is anybody able to tell me where i can get browser and e/mail software for WIN 98se??

are you looking for specific requirements for this software? if you just need the basics, win98se should have IE and outlook (if i remember correctly)

Pirate Window's 7? Naw just kidding.
Mozilla might work. I also believe you may be able to get older versions of Internet Explorer.

i'm not sure how stealing windows 7 would help the OP with win98se... :rolleyes: just as a reminder of our forum rules, even if you were just kidding as you said, it's not really necessary to talk about piracy and is frowned upon in this community.

Do you have a copy of XP? Why not just go to that? You should be able to put it on more than 1 PC now.

Back