• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mayhems pastel white

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsertNameHere

Registered
Hi so I recently finished a rush build 2 days before Christmas.
IMG_2137.jpg

I used a bottle of Mayhems Pastel white concentrate I bought last year.

I haven’t used my pc since the 11th. Please see the pictures

IMG_2232.JPG IMG_2233.JPG IMG_2234.JPG

I don’t think this is a massive problem. I have run mayhems pastels before in my own and builds I have done for friends. I have never had a problem. I’m just going to start it and get the fluid circulating again.

I just want to know what the community thinks.

I ran pastel white for a few years and it started to look like that after 12 months. It ran fine up until
Then. And I should have changed it as soon as I started to see the settling however at the time the pc was ageing and tbh I left it.

I would be a bit worried that it looks like that after only just being mixed. The thing I noticed is that when it starts settling it can start to clog the cpu block first and leave residue everywhere else. It stained all of the tubes and the pump started to run loud.

Like I said if I had changed it as soon as I saw it starting to separate I don’t think I would have had the problems I have had. However I don’t think I’ll use pastels again.

I dont remember it being a solution... fire it up and see temps...

(This is why we suggest to use distilled and colored tubing!!!)

I ran Mayhems years ago and it broke down and clogged my entire loop. Needless to say I only run distilled/biocide and colored tubing since then. You couldn't pay me to run any colored fluids/dyes in my loops now.

and my bottle of Mayhems pastel blue just came in yesterday - insert sound of me smacking self on back of head

I don’t think it’s mayhems fault I was rushing. I might of not mixed it with enough water

Not to mention I had my old white fluid running in the family pc and it was fine. I would show you but I diluted it further when I rebuilt it in December

EK Cryo Fuel clear and distilled water can't be beat IMO

Had in 5 year old loop that was never serviced and let to die.

Broke down the loop on a mission of mercy, the blocks and tubing look like the day I bought them

Cryo Fuel FTW

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-clear-concentrate-100ml-rev-2

You have to remember, any coloring is not a natural occurrence, it is an additive that can only end up being counter productive.

I’ve been running cryofuel for a few years now with no problems. Everything is clean from what I can see. This is one of the coloured ones as well. I’m staying away from the solid coloured fluids though, at least the one I am using is see through.

Back