• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP50X Reservoir mount

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

hey, just got two mcp50x, and two of the swiftech reservoirs that mount to the top of the mcp50x.
now, with both the res tops, they come with a little dowel pin that goes into a slot on the pump, and then into a matching hole on the bottom of the reservoir, to keep it locked in place while you tighten things up.
however, when i drop the dowel pin into the slot on the pump like it says to in the instructions, the pin falls all the way in, and does not stick out of the pump at all. this happens with both the pumps, and both the dowel pins, basically rendering the dowel pins useless.
anyone else had this problem?
I've sent an email to the store about this, was just thinking i might hear back from here sooner, maybe someone has dealt with it and knows where to get a little dowel like that, and what size to get.

Oh, that is a good question. I shall try that after work today. I don't see why the pump/res wouldn't work without the dowel pin, it will just be a little more secure with the dowel.

Yeah, I just know that one side should be a press fit while the other should be slip fit.

The MCP35x has the dowel press fit into the pump top. If the dowel falls thru into the pump wouldn't that make a leak point? IIRC the O-ring between the pump and Res is only as big as the fitting.

It doesn't fall through into the pump, however, the hole for the pin is about as deep as the dowel pin is long, it just drops in nicely.
Didn't think to check the second pump to see if it fit any differently in there, will give that a look when I get home as well.

OK IC. I would think you would want the pin to keep the res from rotating and possibly loosening up though.

PerformancePCs put me in touch with Brian from swiftech, apparently the reservoir was supposed to come with 2 dowel pins, a short one for the 35x, and a long one for the 50x, and both mine only came with a short one. Swiftech is sending me a couple of the long dowels now.

PerformancePCs put me in touch with Brian from swiftech, apparently the reservoir was supposed to come with 2 dowel pins, a short one for the 35x, and a long one for the 50x, and both mine only came with a short one. Swiftech is sending me a couple of the long dowels now.

Hmm, I wonder if you just got some older stock then.

Yeah, I remember a pin that came with the Maestrom reservoir. I never used it as I only felt the need if I used an arm that replaces where the pump would be on the reservoir, with no pumps installed. This is what I mean.

maelstrom-backx600.jpg

Glad they are helping you out. Hopefully they aren't tight fit in the hole and can easily be removed.

Yeah, flip the pump upside down and the pin falls right back out!

Back