• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP600 a bit weak? *PICS*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDizzle

MCP600 a bit weak? *UPDATED PICS*

I decided to test my pump the other day and the pump just didn't seem as strong as I thought it would be. Is this normal or is it just my pump that is a bit weak? I have more pictures of the pump with a rad and my z-chip added to the loop where the pump seems to be even weaker. I'll try to upload those tomorrow but here is what I have.

DSC02769.jpg

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02767.jpg

DSC02771.jpg

Last edited:
Instead of just taking pictures of the stream of water, try measuring the flowrate with a stopwatch and a gallon jug. A 1/2" diameter stream of water doesn't shoot as far as a smaller stream, even though the flowrate may be the same.

A-Speck said:
Instead of just taking pictures of the stream of water, try measuring the flowrate with a stopwatch and a gallon jug. A 1/2" diameter stream of water doesn't shoot as far as a smaller stream, even though the flowrate may be the same.

also there is almost no restriction in that setup - so the swiftech's low peak flow and hence low water velocity is what will make it seem weaker...

This pump is low flow, but high head, so in really high resistance set ups the flow is higher than those with high flow low head, since those end up with lower flows due to their low head...

But I'll trade you my Hydor L30 :)

jenkx said:
Swiftech claims that the pump works like a low gear. It dosent push fast but it pushes hard.

Which is why it's quiet, and pushes more water than pumps like the 1250 in a restrictive system. I'll be picking up a MCP600 next week. :cool:

I have pictures of it going through a Caprice HC and then through the HC and a Z-Chip. I'll post them up once I get the camera they are on.

Well, if you happen to have a high flow pump too, you can compare that to your swiftech. In a loop with the Z-chip you will notice, because the Z-chip is said to be (very) restrictive. (that's why I orderd the maze4 chipset block)

Back