• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mcx462+t Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not really sure where to look I heard about it at Peo Cooling but can't find the write up. As for the pic it's not a prob I have a back up 300 sparkle to use. Here is what it should look like. If the link doesn't work copy and paste it

It says older the green and black together and cut off the rest of the connectors. I dont think that will ever make it work again. IS their another way without soldering or cutting i can do it. Also how would i put the green and black wire back into the connector to attach to mobo?

So you just stuck 1 wire in gree port and 1 wire in black port and than soldered other 2 ends together? So if that is wut u did, all i have to do to make it a regular PSU again is remove wires from ports which is very easy but how will i secure the wires in those ports?

To secure the wires first wrap the molex in black tape then do a X cross over the wires going to the green and the black the wrap around the molex again. IF you want to see it let me know cause after all we are here to help.

sounds to me like you do not have the skills to mod anything concerning your computer. And since you don't have the extra money to replace anything if you mess up, I recommend that you remove the pelt from the heatsink and just use the heatsink with your tornado fan until you have the extra cash to buy the dedicated PSU for you pelt.

I know how to mod and do electrical stuff. I built a 6-port fanbus on my own and i help my dad with electrical stuff around the house.

In the pic it looks like u stuck wires in from top side of connector and than used electrical tape to tape up all the wires together so they dont move. Is that what you did? Also dont u need to attach the ends of the wires by soldering them or something?

yes all I did was stick the wires where they need to be and taped them down and I just wrapped the wires together and taped then in place you can use one wire tho or solder two together your choice.

Ok, thank you very much. It is very late now i and i am too tired to do anything now. When i try it out i will get back to you and tell you how it turned out. Thanks again. I greatly appreciate your help.

I tryed it today. I ahve my 520 watt psu on top of my case and all thats connected to it is the MCX462+T and the 92mm tornado fan on it. I put my 400 watt PSU back in to power my system but now the computer wotn turn on. The 520 watt psu works and it seems like the MCX462+T w/ its fans are workign but when i press computer power button nothing happens. Nothing inside the case turns on including the PSU. What did i do wrong?

Havnt fully tested it yet. Will get back to you on that tommorow when i do testing. I am gonna do testing with the CPU un-overclocked. Once i get temps for un-overclcoked i will see the highest overclock i can get and psot the temps i get with that. My overclock may be low cause i only have pc2100 ram so thats wut will hold me back.

Back