• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mcx462+t Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have contradiciting results. My bios reports a temperature of 38 C and the temperature probe i have directly on CPU almost touching diode reports 21 C. Which 1 is correct. Keep in mind motherboard temp sensor is in socket and my whole socket is filled with dielectric grease so this thing is buried in the grease. Which 1 is correct.

No, my motherboard manual says the thermal sensor is inside the socket. The socket is now filled with dielectric grease so it seems that the sensor is reading the temperature of the grease and not the CPU. Am i correct?

Thank you and i have read countless reviews o nthis before i bought it. So we have concluded that the motherboard temperature is totaly false and that my own sensor is correct? Isnt 19-20 C still too hot considering its a pelt and i should be getting below 10 C?

You have to remember your still air cooling the heatsink. With my MCW462-UHT with the 226watt pelt my stock temps were 3 to 4C idle and about 10C load and when OCed to 1920 my idle temps were about 9C and 13Cload.

Back