• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mechanical Keyboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkblitz05

Guys, Im new to this and also it seems that the only available and cheaper mechanical here in my place is the

- CM Storm Quick Fire Ultimate MX Red

any feedbacks on this product?
would like to know some, before thinking of buying this.

What are your uses going to be?

If you type much at all then you probably won't like the MX Red keys.

I want to warn you about the MX Red, since you're not used to them. I use a CM QuickFire Pro and when I first started using it (I was also new to mechanical keyboards) I soon found out that you can't rest any "weight" from your hand or fingers so to speak on the keys. They're just to sensitive and have such little resistance that you may hit a button without even realising it. After a little while you will get used to "hovering" your hand above the keys though.

I want to warn you about the MX Red, since you're not used to them. I use a CM QuickFire Pro and when I first started using it (I was also new to mechanical keyboards) I soon found out that you can't rest any "weight" from your hand or fingers so to speak on the keys. They're just to sensitive and have such little resistance that you may hit a button without even realising it. After a little while you will get used to "hovering" your hand above the keys though.

well hmmm the store here got the MX Blue and MX Red.. so maybe Blue is it?

darkblitz05, if I can make a suggestion, go to a computer/electronics store before you buy anything and see if you can get your hands on some of the mechanical keyboards. The different "color/style" keys are drastically different. You will have an easier time finding one that suits you. I can say now that I purchased a mechanical keyboard a month or so ago, "cherry browns" I will never go back to a membrane type. Other then it being a bit louder to type on, which can be a little annoying at night when the family is sleeping, the precision and tactical feel of the keys is so much better then a membrane.

darkblitz05, if I can make a suggestion, go to a computer/electronics store before you buy anything and see if you can get your hands on some of the mechanical keyboards. The different "color/style" keys are drastically different. You will have an easier time finding one that suits you. I can say now that I purchased a mechanical keyboard a month or so ago, "cherry browns" I will never go back to a membrane type. Other then it being a bit louder to type on, which can be a little annoying at night when the family is sleeping, the precision and tactical feel of the keys is so much better then a membrane.

tnx man, ill keep this in mind :)

guys, DUCKY DK9008 G2 Pro here has the same price of the CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate... but if I go Ducky I have to like wait for 2 days.. damn im just so excited to touch one of those... so help me please... I wait or not?

Ducky or Max are both solid choices and both have been around for a bit, they know what they are doing.

Ducky. For sure.

Well got the Ducky DK9008 G2 Pro MX Red, and I like it so far.
But im just sad that in the box theres no manual or something... also I didnt check if it was a full led backlight but it wasnt hahaha

Well so far Im liking the MX Red. :)

Is there like a guide on how to control the brightness of this model? or it hasnt?
I only know is Fn+F9 hahaa :D

Back