• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Media player with folder structure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Currently using Windows Media Player. Have been for years but one thing that's bothered me for the past years is the inherent lack of following the folder structure I have made over the years.

I have one folder for my music. Inside that folder I break it down into genres. Inside those genre folders I sort everything by artist. Inside an artist's folder, I sort everything by album. Then inside the album's fodler is where all the music files reside.
Music -> Genre -> Artist -> Album -> .mp3's

I'm looking for a media player that can follow that structure. I'd like to browse & play music by folder rather than having to make a playlist for every album.

Anything out there that anyone knows of??
Thanks! :cool:

EDIT: Seems you can turn on this feature in Windows Media Player! See the pics a few posts below! :)

Last edited:
Lots of music players will let you pull by album, artist, or genre.
I used Winamp for years, it works well.

Currently using Amazon Music because it ties my personal collection to the Amazon cloud collection and stations.

Not exactly a media player, but SAM broadcaster from Spatial can do that. Spatial
o_O Dat price tag tho! :p
It would also let me stream to devices which honestly, is also something I've wanted to do for a while too so thanks for bringing that up!!
Lots of music players will let you pull by album, artist, or genre.
I used Winamp for years, it works well.

Currently using Amazon Music because it ties my personal collection to the Amazon cloud collection and stations.
Lemme give winamp a shot. I only used it once for twice before but I remember liking it a lot.

Please correct me if I misunderstood, but I also like to browse to folders containing my music.

I then use the right click menu which works for both folders and individual music files.
Note the Enqueue in Winamp and Play in Winamp right click options.
There is nothing out there that I could find over the many years that can compare to Winamp's visualizations, which look great particularly if you connect your big screen TV as a secondary computer monitor.

MusicIronMaiden.png

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-use-and-why?p=6853713&viewfull=1#post6853713

Please correct me if I misunderstood, but I also like to browse to folders containing my music.

I then use the right click menu which works for both folders and individual music files.
Note the Enqueue in Winamp and Play in Winamp right click options.
There is nothing out there that I could find over the many years that can compare to Winamp's visualizations, which look great particularly if you connect your big screen TV as a secondary computer monitor.

View attachment 176027

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-use-and-why?p=6853713&viewfull=1#post6853713

You understood me right, what I want is a media player that will let me browse and play by folder.
What you do will work for me, but i was hoping for a media player to let me do this. :(

I will be reading the thread you linked in a sec!

WELL HOLY S**T!
Windows Media Player is better than I thought!

Look!
WMP_Fldr.PNG
And all I had to do was right click on "Music" and select "Customize Navigation Pane".
click.png
Folder.PNG

o_O Dat price tag tho! :p
It would also let me stream to devices which honestly, is also something I've wanted to do for a while too so thanks for bringing that up!!

Lemme give winamp a shot. I only used it once for twice before but I remember liking it a lot.

Yea, SAM ain't cheap but it has tons of features and it's own scrip language you can use to set up playlists etc. I used it when I was a DJ in Second Life and InWorldz. Now I use it as my media player.
Windows Media Player is good, BUT in the great wisdom of M$, they took it out of Win 10.

Yea, SAM ain't cheap but it has tons of features and it's own scrip language you can use to set up playlists etc. I used it when I was a DJ in Second Life and InWorldz. Now I use it as my media player.
Windows Media Player is good, BUT in the great wisdom of M$, they took it out of Win 10.
Oh.. Wonder why they did that?

Back