• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jshake

Just Purchased a Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AM3+ Motherboard. I was looking at QVL and was coming up with confusing results. That is between Corsair and GSkill. Under their specs they were giving was for Intel. My question is what is the best 2133 memory for this board.
jshake

2133 or higher is hard to stabilize on AMD FX series and it's not helping in performance. I'm not saying it won't work but you may notice random blue screens or other things ( may or may not , hard to say ... depends from many things ).
Optimal is 1866 memory clock and tighter timings so best seem something like G.Skill TridentX 1866 8-9-9 or something like Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866 9-9-9 ( these are usually running @1866 8-8-8 ~1.65V ).
Every memory from Corsair is overpriced and you can get something better from G.Skill in similar price.
I see you have G.Skill ARES in your sig. You won't find much better memory for AMD. Generally memory performance is limited by memory controller so raising CPU-NB you are making memory faster.
I would try how tight this ARES kit can run @1866 , maybe something like 9-11-10, 9-10-10, 10-10-10 ...

Back