• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory detection issue on Gigabyte x58-ud4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Doors

Vesuvius Senior Ocer
Hello guys,
it seems my Mobo is going to be replaced, but let me describe what exactly happen just in case I miss something:

With 6Gb (3x2Gb) or 3Gb (3x1Gb) memory modules @sockets 1-3-5, is always usable in Bios and of course also in OS, only one memory module @socket 3, even if 3 modules are detected in BIOS!?

I Cleaned all mobo, memory slots and memory contacts, visual inspection on both sides not showed any issue, set XMP, relaxed timings, repositioned in a different way rams and using Single or Dual channel mode instead of Triple won't POST. Now I'm using latest F11T Bios, but just to be sure I tested F11o and the situation remain the same... also replacing my old i920 with a x5650

Last option remain is to use WD40 contact cleaner, but what do you think about in accordance to your expertise guys???

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards,
Adriano

Contact cleaner isn't a bad idea, I'd also try a full CMOS battery out reset.

Nice experience using contact cleaner, now Mobo really shines, no comparison at all with Air can results! On the other side nothing change, same issue, also resetting Cmos removing battery and bridging pins, so most probably memory slots or related electronic is gone. Won't Post using Slot 1 or 3, neither memory beep

Bios.jpg
*sorry for bad pic quality

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate :)
Adriano

Just a small consideration: never had in 25 years experience any issue like this with any Mobo, this one was expected to be an UltraDurable Motherboard!? :clap:

Back