• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory for A64 3500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelicPenguin

I was going to upgrade to an A64 3500+ Newcastle with MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum board. (I posted this question as part of another question in the AMD CPU forum, but I thought I'd get a more targeted response here.)

My question was, which memory? I had read a lot of good things on Corsair RAM, so I thought I'd go with that.

I found this on NewEgg for about $200
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 (2-3-3-6)

They also had 2-2-2-5 Corsair for $270. I was trying to save a little money here, so will it make much difference if I'm not interested in overclocking the system?

Should I be looking at something else besides this Corsair? I saw it being used in most test setups for benchmarking, so that's what I started looking at.

Bigger question: if I have PC3200 RAM will that be ok for any future 939 chips? Or will some of them require PC4000. I really wanted this board to support one more chip after the A64 3500+.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably going to be purchasing this stuff in 4 - 6 weeks.

Try the OCZ PC3200 plat rev 2 ram...I got the XL ram and it's not that great, got thoses TCCD sticks in the mail and I'm hoping to go beyond the 2.5Ghz it gives me

Back