• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory instability in BFV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

Started playing BFV recently and experienced crashes to desktop and memory-related BSODs ("irql_not_less_or_equal", "memory_management", etc).

Tried different GPUs (1080Ti, 2080). Tried reinstalling OS/game. Latest drivers, DDU between installs.

Specs are in sig. 4790K is stock. 16GB (2x8) running at 2400Mhz C10 via XMP profile. AX860i.

I finally removed the XMP setting in bios for the ram, causing it to run at 1333 or 1600, whatever the default it - game is completely stable now.

Any suggestions? RAM is pretty old (DDR3) - should I try to bump voltage? I'm inclined to just leave it where it's at, but it's a little annoying to not be able to run it at the rated speeds, so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks!

There's a >>> legend, setting ram voltage ::{higher} and letting her idle for ;;;;A night or two,,
helps her get used to....flex??(pERHAPS), to higher voltage. 》》burn-in? :::hmm, {FASCINATING}.

worth a try.

Never tried it myself, but digital voices tell it works.

Back