• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory is @1333 not in regular frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JAY8639

my memory is 1333mhz. i have 16gbs of memory total, the bios only reads 12248 of memory. THE XMP file doesnt changed anything. does anyone know the setting for asus bios on manual mode, so i can get it back to 1600mhz.?

What memory are you using? This could be one of those rare occasions where there is incompatibility of memory with the motherboard bios. Speaking of bios, do you have the latest bios installed? Is the memory you are using on the QVC list for that motherboard?

i dont know where to start....

- - - Updated - - -

i have corsair vengence (2) 4gb and (1) 8gb i never had a problem with the memory and its been working for 4 years straight without any problem. i did update the bios because i thought it was the bios software.

Are all the memory modules the same model? They are all Corsair but what I'm asking is are they all rated for the same frequency, timings and voltage? By populating an odd number of slots you are not running in dual channel mode which will create a performance hit.

Please download and install a free program called CPU-z. Run the program and attach pics to your next post of these two tabs: Memory and SPD. We will need three different pics for the SPD tab, one for each memory slot. In the user interface under the SPD tab, change the slot number so that we get a SPD pic for each memory stick. So we would need four attached pics altogether: One of the Memory tab and three of three SPD tab. The memory slot shows us what the bios has set frequency and timings to for the memory as a whole. The SPD tab pics will show us what the manufacturer's recommendations are for frequench, voltage and timing for the RAM module in each slot.

You can frame and capture images for attachment using Windows the built-in tool called Snipping Tool. To attach images to you post, use the forum "Insert Image" tool at the top of any new post window. It's the third icon from the right end.

Back