• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charlton22

Hey, looking for some help if possible.

I have a AMD FX-8150 on an Asus M5A97 Pro motherboard. I have 16gb of Corsair Vengeance memory seated but only 8 is showing up as installed in Windows. Anyone have idea as to why?

1. What Windows are you using ? Home Basic is supporting max 8GB.
2. Did you try higher CPU-NB voltage ? Set it +0.05-0.10V and check if it's helping.
3. Are you sure that all slots and all memory sticks are ok ? Check all slots with single stick.
4. Check if there is new BIOS for your board.

Hey, thanks for replying.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I haven't tried the voltage option yet, haven't messed with the BIOS, is it safe to do that? The board is brand new so its doubtful that 2/4 would be non-functional? But i'l give it a shot. I had to flash the BIOS with the latest with a Cempron just to accept the bulldozer lol, so yeah that's ok. What does this voltage option actually do then?

CPU-NB voltage can stabilize integrated memory controller while it's loaded with more memory sticks. I had no problems with that on ASUS CHV but noone knows. That's just a tip that helps sometimes.
You can also try to set memory timings manually and command rate to 2T or just add +0.05V to memory voltage as boards are often undervolting so in real you have a bit lower values than you set in BIOS or what is under auto settings.

Back