• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory purchase.. Need some advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bardock

Hey guys,
So I'm about to build a new rig. I found 2x4gb Dominator Platinum 1600MHz, but they cost 130$ at Amazon. Is it worth it or should I look at something else? I really like the appearance since all known brands are the same, but is it really cost efficient?

You have enough information in your own post to answer your question...clearly that is not cost efficient when you can have 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 1.5v for less than half that cost. Here is a newegg link for the final nail in the coffin. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DR3 1600 2x4GB&name=9&Order=PRICE&Pagesize=20

Hmm... I see.. I might be getting those MSI Z77 optimized if they are on the QVL of the mobo I wanna get. Or else Ballistix Tactical LP seem quit a good choise as well.. Low voltage, low profile and better timings than the standar version

MSI optimized? Gimmick.

As far as QVL. All that means is they were tested. If a set of sticks is not on the list, that does not mean they will not work. In fact, I would say 95% or more will work even if they are not on the QVL list.

Just get what works, looks good, and is cheap. :)

yes, they are and pretty cheap too.these are the ones I have. They are often out of stock but they are pretty good for the money($39.99 on newegg)

UNFORTUNATELY, I cannot buy from Newegg since they do not ship to my country :(. Amazon is a bit pricey. Can I buy them elsewhere cheaper?

Sry for the third post in a row guys, but as it seems, the only way to get the job done is to buy 2x2gb kit.. It costs 65$ on Amazon while the 2x4gb costs 165$ :S Which seems a bit odd since other members on other sites as well, find the 8gb 1600 kit for 65-70$

Back