• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Undervolting causing Stability issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

I've had a cascade of issues recently as my kerfuffle of topics around the forums can attest, and I just wonder if it could possibly be my memory is not getting enough voltage?

It's 1333mhz Corsair XMS3 9-9-9-27 RAM running OC'ed at 1560mhz 11-11-11-29, at 1.5v, it's default. I wonder if this could be the cause of my stability issues all along (random restarts, I/O BSODs...)

What should I raise it to? 1.55v? 1.6v?

You could try raising the voltage to 1.55V, but I can almost guarantee that you won't notice any performance increase from the faster memory speed. Your bottleneck will be elsewhere.

Any time you OC something, you open the door for instability. So, yeah.

It's not undervolted if it's running at the rated voltage, but 1333 MHz Corsair XMS is probably made from untested chips. According to one manager at Corsair, all their memory is made from untested chips, but he's wrong, and only the slower rated modules are.

It may be undervolting for overclocking, which is the whole point of this thread... Why do you hate on Corsair? They're memory seems great and I know now that my cascade of issues was caused by a faulty SATA Cable (Thanks, rosewill) combined with a crap SATA III mobo chip (EVGA...)
I would like to see your sources of your thinly veiled trolling since this is the 2nd time you've said this...

Back