• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merged 8800GT Review/Article Threads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes @ stock the card is only ok but the 8600gt has ~400mhz oc on the core @ that point it beats the 7900's

Im also temped to drop this mb and get 2 2900pros for cf

doesnt matter what me or you think.
http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/GeForce_8800_GT_Has_112_SPs_Clocked_@_1.5GHz/5329.html

I dont see them making a drastically different core for 1 gpu.
also if the 96 SP parts are going KAPUT which is also being rumored the 320 is getting dropped and the 640 is going to 112 that means all the faulty 128 SP gtx cores are going to 112 for the 640 and the gt card. Its the easiest thing for them to do and will maximize their profit.

hmm thought i read that the 8800gt was going to have 96SP's and the new 8800gts 640 was going to have 112sp's...

Well, I don't think well see an bios update for our gts's. Most likely the people at nv will just set the laser to cut less bridges on the new chips. Would be cool if there was a bios change, but then again if it was possible people would propably have figured it out by now...

Well, I don't think well see an bios update for our gts's. Most likely the people at nv will just set the laser to cut less bridges on the new chips. Would be cool if there was a bios change, but then again if it was possible people would propably have figured it out by now...

this is what I am thinking

NO dont say that KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE! ... i just dont think ppl have been looking deep enough in the bios's for these cards to get the extra sps enabled :beer: :p

BTW why is linux such a PITA

if one was in market now for a card would it be worth buying a used 640 at $260? Or hold off foa nother 1-2mths

like i have said before i REALLY hope the new 8800gts 640's just have an nvidia modded bios, thus allowing us original 8800gts 640 users to pop the new bios on our cards... and walla 16 extra sp's!

i doubt they would just have a different bios all the suckkas who got the 8800gts got played like a fiddle.

i doubt they would just have a different bios all the suckkas who got the 8800gts got played like a fiddle.

Everyone gets screwed over since new tech comes out so quick :rolleyes:

Think of all the poor XT owners!

So are we expecting the 8800 GT to compete with the "old" GTS? Where is my GTX going to fall in here? I really hope the new GTS isn't going to beat my GTX.

Back