• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merged 8800GT Review/Article Threads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a heads up on frys 8800GT. In store price is different from online.

I just bought a EVGA 8800GT from Frys B&M for $269.99, which is $40 more than the online price.

I also placed an order online and mite just return the B&M one.

I grabbed a eVGA SC off NcixUS this morning for $233 + 27 shipping (lol California) and $5 insurance

Hitman should come with it and I should be able to get Quake Wars off eVGA's site.

When the new 8800GTS/O Rev 2 comes out, and I want to step up, it's at the price I bought it before shipping and stuff right? :(

Already processed, should be shipped today or tomorrow by 2-3 day air.

I grabbed a eVGA SC off NcixUS this morning for $233 + 27 shipping (lol California) and $5 insurance

Hitman should come with it and I should be able to get Quake Wars off eVGA's site.

When the new 8800GTS/O Rev 2 comes out, and I want to step up, it's at the price I bought it before shipping and stuff right? :(

Already processed, should be shipped today or tomorrow by 2-3 day air.

Got the same deal:beer: I see their price has gone up with $50 to $289, glad I got in early...

How are you gonna get Quake Wars off eVGA's site?

It does not list the 8800 GT as one of the cards that qualify though, maybe they just need to update the list

LINK

Wow you're right, totally missed that. It would only make sense that the GT model is included though since it is found under EVGA's 8800 product line now.

Tried ordering the 700Mhz version from Mwave, not in stock. Anyone know of any 512-P3-N806-A1's in stock? I'd even go for the 805 right now.

Have to share they joy ...just got confirmation that my 8800 GT SC has been shipped from NCIXUS:bday: Christmas has come earlier this year...:santa:

with the overclocks on the SSC, it would seem to be as fast as a 8800GTX at resolutions 1600x1200 and lower :drool:

*** there is no actual proof of this, just my speculation

There is! At anandtech.com! they tested both of the cards at stock clocks (the bare minimum that they are sold at, no SC, OC, OC2, KO, SSC, etc) and the GT already beat the GTX in alot of games at lower resolutions. I know that Bioshock was one of them. Check out their review for more.

I dont think the GT will include ET:QW. It wouldn't make sense business wise. I believe that they bundled ET:QW with the cards because they knew more powerful cheaper cards were coming out in a month and had to sell all the old 8800 series cards. Espically considering that the GT performs near GTX. I bet that 8800 GTS/GTX/Ultra sales plummet now that the GT is out. Don't get your hopes up. =( But good luck! =)

I dont think the GT will include ET:QW. It wouldn't make sense business wise. I believe that they bundled ET:QW with the cards because they knew more powerful cheaper cards were coming out in a month and had to sell all the old 8800 series cards. Espically considering that the GT performs near GTX. I bet that 8800 GTS/GTX/Ultra sales plummet now that the GT is out. Don't get your hopes up. =( But good luck! =)

It does come with ET:QW....LINK

Back