• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merged 8800GT Review/Article Threads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any word on when the revised 8800GTS is coming out? I'm hoping its just a simple BIOS flash for me to unlock the 16 pipes, but I highly doubt it :( They've probably been cut at the factory :(

Any word on when the revised 8800GTS is coming out? I'm hoping its just a simple BIOS flash for me to unlock the 16 pipes, but I highly doubt it :( They've probably been cut at the factory :(

They may already be out!

Check this link.

It shows 96+SP instead of just 96, and it is priced lower than the current crop of 640's. It just came out yesterday as well.

Just received my EVGA 8800GT SuperClocked Edition. 169.02 NVIDIA drivers. 3DMark05:
3dmark05firstca0.jpg

Very nice.... man... I sure hope I can just simply flash the BIOS of my current GTS, but I doubt it. I've heard the new 8800GTS is going to based on the G92 core :(

Just received my EVGA 8800GT SuperClocked Edition. 169.02 NVIDIA drivers. 3DMark05:

hmm oc it and see what it gets you, see my 2005 score, see if you can get over it with the gt :)

edit: thats my old score, my new score is something in 19xxx gotta look in ORB..

edit i was wrong, i had 18500 so nevermind(clocks were 660/999 i believe)

They may already be out!

Check this link.

It shows 96+SP instead of just 96, and it is priced lower than the current crop of 640's. It just came out yesterday as well.

It's priced lower because eVGA has to clear out their old stock before the new GTS gets released. And if it actually had more than 96 shader units enabled, I think they'd indicate exactly how many. I believe it's just an overclocked version of the existing GTS with a new model number.

Very nice.... man... I sure hope I can just simply flash the BIOS of my current GTS, but I doubt it. I've heard the new 8800GTS is going to based on the G92 core :(

Even if the new GTS were still based on G80 (it's not), you wouldn't be able to flash it to improve performance because the SPs were laser cut to prevent people from enabling them and getting GTX/Ultra performance for free.

It's priced lower because eVGA has to clear out their old stock before the new GTS gets released. And if it actually had more than 96 shader units enabled, I think they'd indicate exactly how many. I believe it's just an overclocked version of the existing GTS with a new model number.

Check out the forum on NCIX. Make sure to read through the 2nd page. It can't be held to be the ultimate truth, but it does seem to indicate the new GTS is already here, and it is G80 based w/ unlocked SP's. NCIX has also update their site; it no longer shows G92 in the title.

If it was just an OC'd version of the same GTS then why do they have a "new" version of the vanilla?

The eVGA 8800GT SCC is now listed on newegg for $309.99...so can't wait for it to get in stock. Has anyone found out when?

Just replaced the stock fan with a HR-03. As you can see, there are two mounting options. One is the size of the 6-hole bracket, the other one (bigger) is the standard 4-hole mount. I used the smaller one. 8800GTS/GTX coolers will not work though, too big.

Temps:
37C Idle / 47C Load
(I think I put a little too much paste though...)
And now with the overclocking :)
8800gt001sh7.jpg

8800gt002bv4.jpg

Back