• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Messed up fonts in Windows 10 . Screenshot Included

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Organik

Guys so I wanted to change all my windows fonts to Segue UI .. I saw a way you can do it and inject the registry and change them. I did and it worked and all is well except now certain boxes or message boxes are huge and out of the screen. Here is what I mean

2018-08-20_082624.jpg

Makes sense, the font is larger and bolder than the original Windows font.

Ok I fixed it,,, I put in some stuff in text file,, and injected it into registry,,Wow fixed. :)

Can you be more descriptive on 'the stuff was injected into the registry' and fixed it? Then mark the thread as solved (edit first post, go advanced and its in the thread prefix dropdown).

This way it can help people who may run across the thread.

Oh sorry your right. Ok first off I changed my fonts by creating a text file and in that text file I copied and pasted from a site into the text file and rename it to fonts.reg. The reg means they are registry commands in the file and it will put them into the registry into the proper place. You merge it in and might need to reboot. So when I did this I was able to use the font I wanted but suddenly every main core part of the OS things were big like you see in the screenshot. I could make the fonts and text smaller but that would remain big and out of the screen,, it was horrible. Anyhow I couldn't find a fix until I came upon a utube video and the guy had the registry commands pasted there,, to bring back to original fonts, so I copied and pasted and renamed file extension to reg , and double clicked put it in registry and that fixed it. :)

Im confused. Are you running your font currently or revert back to the original?

I guess what i am asking is what exact code fixed the font size (assuming you didnt revert back) you are using? Perhaps a link to the vid that fixed it would be helpful. You regurgitated the steps, but not the pertinent details. :)

Edit: ok, you reverted back... maybe a link to the vid would be helpful. :)

Also thread isnt marked solved yet either. ;)

Now Im running all default fonts.
I can't find the video I didn't save it. I copied and pasted from the video site but ya I cant find the file now. But here is a example, dont do this anyone,, this is if it were Segue UI ,, which I liked cuz it looks like mac sorta lol,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="segoeui.ttf"
"Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"="seguibl.ttf"
"Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"="seguibli.ttf"
"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="segoeuib.ttf"
"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuiz.ttf"
"Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemj.ttf"
"Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"="seguihis.ttf"
"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuii.ttf"
"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="segoeuil.ttf"
"Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"="seguili.ttf"
"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="seguisb.ttf"
"Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"="seguisbi.ttf"
"Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"="segoeuisl.ttf"
"Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"="seguisli.ttf"
"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="seguisym.ttf"
"Segoe MDL2 Assets (TrueType)"="segmdl2.ttf"
"Segoe Print (TrueType)"="segoepr.ttf"
"Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"="segoeprb.ttf"
"Segoe Script (TrueType)"="segoesc.ttf"
"Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"="segoescb.ttf"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"=-

Im trying to find the actual file I used, I don't know where it went.

Last edited:
Back