• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

messing around with my kill a watt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtkxhom3r

so i was messing around with my kill a watt today with the rig in my sig...

at idle it sucks out 395w @ 4.0 with ht

at prime load it goes to about 505-510w

with no cpu load and full gpu load from furmark i get 707-723w

with 100% cpu load and 100% gpu load its 808-835w

and the psu calculator from XS says i have a 900sum watt load so im going to say they are fairly accurate

i would've ran some 4.5 runs but i lost my profile after i flashed the new bios :(

and the psu calculator from XS says i have a 900sum watt load so im going to say they are fairly accurate

The calculator claimed 900W of load and you're only drawing around 800W at the wall. Assuming 83% efficiency, you have about 650-700W of load there.

That's not accurate, that's the exact opposite.

:eek: 800 watts! My laptop's power brick supplies a max of 90 or so watts.

Then again, I don't think it has quite as much shear power...

Can't comment. I'm not familiar with the draw of your systems components. Seems way too high though. You're not watercooled right?

Can't comment. I'm not familiar with the draw of your systems components. Seems way too high though. You're not watercooled right?

signature said:
[Xeon 3520 (I7 920 D0) - 4.5GHZ | Swiftech GTZ- MCR 120.3 - 6 Fans]
[Rampage Extreme 2 | 3x2 GB Corsair 1600 ram @ 1800 7-7-7-20]
[x2 XFX 4890's | x2 MCW60's| MCR120.3 - 3 Fans | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty]
Looks like dual loops.

From what I seen, those calcs really overrate hard drives. The WD Greens are only about 5w a pop.

Man I want a kill a watt to play with, been meaning to get one for a while.

New thread topic:

"How do I intentionally create a power surge? I have a PC I want to blow up... Bonus would be if it bursts into flames."

Last edited:
Back