• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metabox p670 or alienware 17

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaytee1986

Hey guys I'm new to gaming pcs this will be my first gaming laptop! I was wondering what is better for ultra setting gaming my budget is 3000

Alienware 17:$2999
7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processorWindows 10 Home8GB MemoryNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5

Metabox p670:$2449 (no os)
NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
- Intel 7th Gen i7 Kabylake
- NVIDIA G-Sync Technology*
- Up to 64GB 3000MHZ RAM
- 29.9mm Thin Design
- Beautiful All Alloy Construction

does it really need to be a laptop? Ultra high settings are very hard to achieve on a laptop but with your budget you might. ASUS, MSI and Alienwar
e are fine brands in that order (imo) just avoid going with unpopular brands.

I'd go with the alienware the overall design can be just as important as the components you have. The MetaBox can have ebtter and cheaper components but if they're not fit in nicely and don't have great cooling tech, they won't performed as good as others with the same specs. You can read tons of reviews for alienware that's the good thing!

With 3k though I would get the 1080 card, the jump in performance is quite a lot in FPS: Check this video's stats for the 1060 1070 and 1080 :

If u can't find a laptop with 1080 I'd wait a little bit there might be more options coming later this year.

Back