• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MetroUI: A big leap for laptops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kristian221

We are seeing a number of new laptops being tossed around with windows 8 on them lately. I hear ASUS is even making a dual screen laptop, both screens 1080p. The MetroUI is obviously not for desktop users, but for laptops this could change everything. The easy use and simplicity of a tablet combined with the performance and functionality of a full PC. I can write one a touch screen to jot down note while I am in class, and open up to a built in keyboard and play some high graphical games. I know its a touchy subject but do you think the metroUI may actually be the big leap forward in bridging the gap between our mobile and home devices, or just a bunch of marketing gimmicks?

We are seeing a number of new laptops being tossed around with windows 8 on them lately. I hear ASUS is even making a dual screen laptop, both screens 1080p. The MetroUI is obviously not for desktop users, but for laptops this could change everything. The easy use and simplicity of a tablet combined with the performance and functionality of a full PC. I can write one a touch screen to jot down note while I am in class, and open up to a built in keyboard and play some high graphical games. I know its a touchy subject but do you think the metroUI may actually be the big leap forward in bridging the gap between our mobile and home devices, or just a bunch of marketing gimmicks?

Apple, MS and Open Source desktop developers are all apparently sold on that idea, much to the chagrin of many old skool relics such as myself.

It's all about expanding markets, since expanding markets=expanding profits. You can't make greater profits(or even maintain existing profit margin) if the product remains static.

Back