• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mica got some Doom3 pics for your ati vs Nvidia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Mica, I have some Ati vs Nvidia concerns

http://www2.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA5MDc4NzE0M1RPNjJBTU9FV1hfNF8zX2wuanBn

The floor is bad on the ati. Is this just an optimization for Nvidia or does this also show on DX games as well? I Would like to hear your thoughts on this. If there has been any ati tweaks to the drivers for the pic quality that have been any recent than May that shows the same shoot or the sort with no AA but AF enabled then I would like to see a comparison.

I also hear ati shadows are not as good as nvidia.

The shimmering effect is cureable by enabling AF is also what I hear. True?

http://www.3dxtreme.net/index.php?id=6800gtx800pro8

This site is on August 9th, 2004. They used the Nvidia 61.77 and ati 4.7. In the Halo 1.4 bench do you have an answer why Nvidia beat the pro in a Dx9 game? Yea its a timedemo but, I would also like to hear your thoughts on this as well.

Please dont take this as any sort of offencive post towards you. I would just like to hear your comments as well as others since your good with showing proof.

Last edited:
you know, I don't like [H] review, there are some screens of Doom that I have seen with my Gt and I know are much better looking than what they have posted there.

Yeah the floor looks worse, but to me the chair backs look better. I think that this is starting to split hairs. :argue: And your 3Dextreme link is dead, so I am only judging off one picture. I was so excited when I got my 256mb 9600XT, because I could finally play Doom3. But I don't like it. What fun is an FPS if they turn the lights out. Its just to frustrating switching from flashlight to gun constantly. Glad I tried the demo before I wasted 50 bucks! :)

they make a mod I think its called duct-tape or something that makes it so you can use your flashlight and weapon at the same time ;)

Duct-tape mod, duct tapes your flashlight to the top of the shotgun and machine gun.

Very cool mod.

Trios

Yeah, I havent dl'ed it because I like the challenge of playing it with having to switch but I have played it at my friends house and I think for many people it could mean the differance between buying and not buying the game.

Also, with that mod, the beam is more narrow like a spot light so there is still a degree of challenge.

hibner said:
Yeah the floor looks worse, but to me the chair backs look better. QUOTE]

I think the chair looks nicer because of the tone and contrast, not because it is more detail with the ATI.

isn't the whole arguement about nvidia not having good AA....if you will notice these pictures aren't using AA

Back