• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Microsoft MVP" Project...A Pictoral Journal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Celeron_Phreak said:
I honestly can't understand any of the etching things. What but do you use for it? Maybe a tutorial of exactly how to do it would be better? :-/

I could write up a tutorial...but I am pretty busy atm. Maybe one day as I know a lot of the guides on the net are not very detailed, such has hand movements, etc. I have learned a lot of little tricks and got to the level I am at now with lots of practice and trying different things out.

As for the bit- I use use all of the Dremel etching bits. I use different sizes depending on what line weight I need.

If you have any specific questions about etching, you can always just shoot me or bsspewer a PM. I consider him and myself to be "Etching Extraordinaire's"
Conceded...me...NO. Being conceded is a flaw and I have no flaws. LMAO :D

ok..I was going to wait till I was done...but here is where I am at on my etch, I still have to finish the middle part and do some touch ups. Hope u like :D!

IM000994_763x576.JPG

IM000997_664x501.JPG

vonkaar said:
That blue LED would light up an etching really nicely.

Oh...there won't be just one LED....the remaining FOUR are on there way in the mail!!!! Whole panel is going to light up like crazy once all 5 of them are lit up!

vonkaar said:
Looks awesome =p. I love your etchings ^_^.

*blushing* Nice to know I have some fans that admire my work. Just thought I'd mention I am a fan of your chromed out project :D! But I still think Alclad II is better...j/k LMAO...don't even want to go there again!!!!! :burn:

:clap:

That's some awesome etching! Talk about sweetness...

:clap:

BTW: If you want ghetto, just come over my house and look at my cd player and headphones. Electrical Tape holds them together! The cd player only plays with lid open because it melted when I left it in the car. It warped so badly, the lid was keeping the cd's from spinning!

Cyrix_2k said:
BTW: If you want ghetto, just come over my house and look at my cd player and headphones. Electrical Tape holds them together! The cd player only plays with lid open because it melted when I left it in the car. It warped so badly, the lid was keeping the cd's from spinning!

ROFL...

I got them from: http://www.lsdiodes.com/
I ordered them Friday of last week and they came in the following Saturday in a nice padded envelope. Pretty good shipping if you ask me...espically since the LED's are only $.45 each and shipping is only $2.75. I doubt you can find those prices anywhere else. I HIGHLY recommend buying from them.

As for hooking them up...I hooked the middle LED up to the power LED on the mobo. The remaing four I am hooking up in a parallel circuit. Let me do some quick paintbrushing and I'll throw up a diagram of the wiring for you. :D

This is really interesting. I like step by step mods so we can all see how you do it.

You guys are 18? Gosh, kids are looking younger and younger these days. No offense, but if I saw your picture with no age stamped into the description, I'd have said 15.

Anyway, good work. I think you should go into business doing custom etchings!

Timmybighands said:
This is really interesting. I like step by step mods so we can all see how you do it.

You guys are 18? Gosh, kids are looking younger and younger these days. No offense, but if I saw your picture with no age stamped into the description, I'd have said 15.

Anyway, good work. I think you should go into business doing custom etchings!

I don't look 15!!!! Donnie doesn't look 18...and everyone else in the pics is under 18. Although I do agree that there is very noticeable decline in the way kids are looking. Each year they keep getting smaller...and smaller...and smaller...pretty soon it's going to be like living in a REALLY REALLY twisted Wizard of Oz world...LAMO :D

Me 15...no way :rolleyes:

IM000665_694x526.JPG

Alright, maybe with a little scruff you look 18. Nice pic, BTW. Looks like you took that specifically in response to my last post, lol.

"Whaaa? 15? That mutha f*"

Back