• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microtel SYSMAR710 800 MHz PC with LindowsOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably about 2.5 WU per day but cant say for sure since I dont know of anybody who currently has a C3. I cant beleive wal-mart is actually selling PC's with Lindows and they also have some with Mandrake. Sounds like a tech support nightmare to me. They'll probably spend more $$$ paying other people to fix it then they spend on the PC.

ElGriton said:
For that price you could get a few. Is there a Seti client for Lindows ? I know its supposed to run windows apps bit you never know.

For $200 you can put something together thats a whole lot better. And yes there is a SETI client for linux.

With the weak C3 in there I wonder just how many W/Us a day you would get. It might be 2.5 as was suggested. Also, you could put any regular flavor of Linux you like on it if the Lindows stuff does not float your boat.

Cy

Or just format and install good ol' Win95, so as to save resources. 128MB of RAM isn't exactly alot...

doesn't really seem worth it considering the price of athlon xp's & motherboards right now. ram is a little expensive yet but you could still get away with 200 dollars for a cruncher w/ no monitor or any other frills. diskless cluster machine or something. would be a lot better than 800mhz. :)

Back