• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mini fridge turned in to a cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya that part where the freezer tray is located. you just take the freezer tray and lower it into your resivore. I was getting water temps of -20c in the mornings :D (never left comp on durning the night) I stopped becaue of nasty condenstaion problems.... sniff some day!!

(This is one old thread, where did I put that necromancer picture....)

To answere anyones question about actually building a mini fridge cooler, its really not worth it. As Nealric will say invest in a Water Chiller from Neslab or Haake (find them on ebay) Over time (hours) a mini fridge can not handle the heatload from a heavily overclocked cpu and will cause you temps to rise/and make your room very very hot.

my water temps held steady with 3 days of constant running, much of it at full load (at a lan this summer). but, i did have some 80mm fans blowing over the comprssor and condensor, that seemed to help some. as for room temps, it will definately heat up your room. mine got a lot warmer. if you are interested in a chiller though, i am trying to get rid of mine. check it out in the classifieds, under cooling parts.

i can say that here, cant i?

Back