• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing OpenGL32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

random_over_38D

I have a netbook with a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 500 for its graphics card. Whenever I try and run anything that requires OpenGL I get a windows error that says something along the lines of "OpenGL32.DLL is missing".

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times but to no avail. There are no files on my C drive with "opengl" anywhere in their name.

---
I've had this before on my desktop PC when it was running XP; that has a AMD Radeon 5670 in it, so a different brand of graphics card (and reinstalling the Catalyst drivers did nothing there either). Upgrading to Windows 7 resolved the issue for it, but obviously isn't an option for a netbook.
Any thoughts as to whats causing this or how to fix it?
Thanks

That's probably because you're not using video drivers from the motherboard maker's web site or from Intel's web site. OpenGL support isn't bundled with Windows.

It's usually installed with the driver installer.

I'm aware that the file should come with the drivers, that's why I'm confused that both my AMD and my Intel chipsets have both given this error despite being totally different.

As noted, in the case of the Radeon I used the official Catalyst drivers. In the case of this Intel chipset I'm using the official Intel drivers from here:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...Accelerator+500&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng

Back