• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing parts for Thermaltake Level 10 BigWater 850 GT LCS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vi6s

Hello,

I am a noob for LCS. I want to start out easy by buying a case with built in LCS. I look through craiglist and there is a person that sells the Thermaltake Level 10 BigWater 850 GT LCS for $150. It seems to be a good deal, so I buy it from him.

When I bring the case home, these are the missing components below:
- a water block
- hose (3/8”)
- hose clamp

After trying to contact the seller several time (he did not answer his phone), I am looking to buy these missing components. Reading through the stickies on top. It seems to be a bad idea to buy ready-made LCS system. However, I am new, so I just want to start with something simple before going to complex one. The Thermaltake Level 10 BigWater 850 GT LCS is a single loop CPU block. Here is the link at frozencpu:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...l_Tower_Liquid_Cooled_Chassis_VN10031W2N.html

I would like some recommendations for components that will fit with the rest of the LCS. If possible, I would like something with total budget around $50. Here are some components I found online. Not sure if it will work:

Hose
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-3-8-Wate...11195?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item19e420671b

Water Block
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PCS-CPU-W...81032?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item25849a1788

Hose Clamp
Can I just go to Home Depot and buy the 3/8" hose clamp? The hose clamp looks like the normal hose clamp used for my water pipe under my sink.

Thank you all for your help.

I would try getting the money back unless it was "sold as is/all sales final". Craigslist is a iffy place so chances are you're stuck with it. I would've pointed you in another direction by buying a AIO cooler or a nice affordable top of the line fan cpu cooler if you caught us here before your purchase.

That Thermaltake Bigwater cooler is garbage. I don't know if I would personally waste more money on that. Look around for used parts for it if you want to complete the loop. Have you even checked to see if the pump on it even works? Shady seller gave you half of the loop. I wouldn't be surprised if the pump was dead either.

For $150 you could have got a nice starter kit if you have another case around that can handle a 120.2 radiator or be modified.

I think you need to understand the big picture when it comes to watercooling. I would advice you to read our intro to watercooling. If you read it all and like what you see than it's for you otherwise stick with air or AIO's.

I would try getting the money back unless it was "sold as is/all sales final". Craigslist is a iffy place so chances are you're stuck with it. I would've pointed you in another direction by buying a AIO cooler or a nice affordable top of the line fan cpu cooler if you caught us here before your purchase.

That Thermaltake Bigwater cooler is garbage. I don't know if I would personally waste more money on that. Look around for used parts for it if you want to complete the loop. Have you even checked to see if the pump on it even works? Shady seller gave you half of the loop. I wouldn't be surprised if the pump was dead either.

For $150 you could have got a nice starter kit if you have another case around that can handle a 120.2 radiator or be modified.

I think you need to understand the big picture when it comes to watercooling. I would advice you to read our intro to watercooling. If you read it all and like what you see than it's for you otherwise stick with air or AIO's.

Thank you for your opinion. Honestly, $150 for the case is actually a good deal. The Thermaltake case alone is $170 alone on newegg and the case comes with a 850W Corsair power supply (which I think is around $150 online). I think the chance of returning it is zero since the guy did not pick up the phone at all. He is glad to get rid of the case since his son bought it mistaken it for an actual gaming computer. I am still mad that he did not pick up the phone out of courtesy.

Either way, I think there is nothing wrong with the pump. The whole case looks brand new. About the pump, I am not sure how to test it dry. I read the stickies and it warns "DO NOT RUN THE PUMP DRY!" Other than that, I just want to complete the missing parts so at least I can try water cooling and learn a bit. Did you read my first post? What do you think about my choice?

Thank you.

I'll say this now... GTXJackBauer knows his stuff when it comes to water cooling, he wants to help you. That Thermaltake unit is garbage hands down and it would do you good to get yourself a better and much higher quality unit or a good HSF. Thermaltake pumps are KNOWN to be shoddy, along with the use of an aluminum radiator and copper cpu block(new of course..).... The build quality from Thermaltake also shows itself on many posts around the net for leakage.

If you stick with the ThermalTake unit, just keep in mind the hazard of doing so with it's poor quality. The tubing looks like 3/8 x 1/2, so let someone else verify that as I could be wrong. But if so you will want THIS tubing.

For CPU block, look at the Koolance 380i. There is one for AMD cpus as well, but the 380i has held top spots for as far as performance goes for quite a while now.

Keep in mind, the beginning of my post is aimed at keeping you from going with the cheap components, and in the end ruining your hardware due to such. You know the saying, "Better safe than sorry".

I'll say this now... GTXJackBauer knows his stuff when it comes to water cooling, he wants to help you. That Thermaltake unit is garbage hands down and it would do you good to get yourself a better and much higher quality unit or a good HSF. Thermaltake pumps are KNOWN to be shoddy, along with the use of an aluminum radiator and copper cpu block(new of course..).... The build quality from Thermaltake also shows itself on many posts around the net for leakage.

If you stick with the ThermalTake unit, just keep in mind the hazard of doing so with it's poor quality. The tubing looks like 3/8 x 1/2, so let someone else verify that as I could be wrong. But if so you will want THIS tubing.

For CPU block, look at the Koolance 380i. There is one for AMD cpus as well, but the 380i has held top spots for as far as performance goes for quite a while now.

Keep in mind, the beginning of my post is aimed at keeping you from going with the cheap components, and in the end ruining your hardware due to such. You know the saying, "Better safe than sorry".

So, in your advice, I should get a new pump also? How about the radiator? It looks solid. It has two 120mm fans to blow air through. And the container? Is it bad also? What do you recommend for replacement?

My opinion would be depending on your budget honestly. I mean, you can go through with the TT setup, I just don't want you to ruin your hardware. If the Corsair H100i would fit you can give that a go, otherwise expect around $200 for a more proper starter loop from the likes of XSPC.

XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 - $150

Or with a better rad,
XSPC Raystorm 750 AX240 - $180

These units offer decent rads with a good performing cpu block and a decent pump. If you want a good pump you can get the Raystorm AX or EX kit with D5 dual bay res for $230 or $240 I believe I saw.

You would of course need to verify everything would fit in that case. That would be my suggestion though, more specifically the kits with D5 pump simply because you can use that in future builds no prob.

Last edited:
I would avoid the thermaltake, it probably won't kill anything, but it probably will slowly kill itself, due to the mixed metals. The best advice I can give you is read (and understand) the sticky before you make any decisions, that way you can make informed decisions.

Back