• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing Transaction/Withdrawl?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Hey guys, having an issue here. I went to withdrawl some of my BTC (.065) from an exchange (mintpal). Setup with withdraw to my btc address and it says successful and has the transaction ID. When I check blockchain.info for my address I found the transaction is there and accounted for, but it never showed up in my multibit wallet. Any ideas why? Other transactions have shown up since then so I know that it is sycing.

Hey guys, having an issue here. I went to withdrawl some of my BTC (.065) from an exchange (mintpal). Setup with withdraw to my btc address and it says successful and has the transaction ID. When I check blockchain.info for my address I found the transaction is there and accounted for, but it never showed up in my multibit wallet. Any ideas why? Other transactions have shown up since then so I know that it is sycing.

Correct address?

If you can still receive BTC, then that's defiantly fishy.

Can transactions get stuck in an orphan block? Maybe that's what happened.

I had something happen like that on one of my 2 electrum wallets. I reinstalled it from the seed and it fixed it. I don't know if that will help you.

I had something happen like that on one of my 2 electrum wallets. I reinstalled it from the seed and it fixed it. I don't know if that will help you.

Weird, thanks.

I'll re-backup my private key and try reinstalling and see if it fixes the issue.

@Silver, yep correct address (it shows up with the other transactions to my address on the blockchain)

Weird, thanks.

I'll re-backup my private key and try reinstalling and see if it fixes the issue.

@Silver, yep correct address (it shows up with the other transactions to my address on the blockchain)

Well hopefully re-installing it will work!
Otherwise.... :(

I've never seen that happen before (also never used multibit wallet), but it seems odd that you received other BTC transactions which credited the wallet after you should have received the first coins. Use the Txn ID to check on blockchain.info to make sure all the addresses are correct (just to be safe, even if it's a third check).

Was the transaction [let me know if it isn't smart to post that].

For whatever reason the same transaction ID was used for two transactions at the same time, the second was mine.

I copy/pasted the address from mintpal, blockchain.info, and my wallet into notepad++ and all 3 are identical.

edit: trying the 'reset blockchain and transactions' button in multibit, hope it works.

double edit: worked!

Last edited:
I haven't used that wallet. Does it have an option to rescan or anything like that?

For the record, multiple transactions are always put into the same ID. You'll see the correct amount that you should receive associated with your correct address, and then you should see a random other amount that is tired to a different address. That's not uncommon, and it's simply because they are trying to save space on the blockchain.

Stuff like this is why I use a standard desktop wallet. It's worth keeping the blockchain around to not have little pants messy moments like this.

Stuff like this is why I use a standard desktop wallet. It's worth keeping the blockchain around to not have little pants messy moments like this.

He is using a desktop wallet ;)

Hmmm Maybe I should do that..... (Not to hijack, but is there a BC wallet that doesn't need to download the blockchain?)

There are no wallets which get around the blockchain DL, but there is a shortened version of the blockchain which basically truncates the very old blocks (which are for sure not going to change over time). It's smaller than the whole blockchain and it's kind of like a checkpoint to reload from. You don't have to reload the whole chain, but it does still have some downloading to do. I can never for the life of me, remember what exactly it's called though. :(

There are no wallets which get around the blockchain DL, but there is a shortened version of the blockchain which basically truncates the very old blocks (which are for sure not going to change over time). It's smaller than the whole blockchain and it's kind of like a checkpoint to reload from. You don't have to reload the whole chain, but it does still have some downloading to do. I can never for the life of me, remember what exactly it's called though. :(

I'll look around too. I just can't download the blockchain at home, too big.

Maybe I can install the wallet on my laptop, and sync it at college, then just copy the blocks folder :D
D'oh! Why didn't I just do that in the first place. :bang head

These things always scare me... I'm actually interested in investing some long-term BTC and LTC... What would you guys say is the best overall wallet?

For someone who has never used a cryptocoin wallet before, the vanilla wallet (Bitcoin-Qt) would be the best. For maximum possible security and to get all possible features, Armory wallet is the best.

These things always scare me... I'm actually interested in investing some long-term BTC and LTC... What would you guys say is the best overall wallet?

For someone who has never used a cryptocoin wallet before, the vanilla wallet (Bitcoin-Qt) would be the best. For maximum possible security and to get all possible features, Armory wallet is the best.

Be warned! The vanilla wallet needs to download 15 Gb of blockchain!
However, if you have lots of bandwidth, this isn't a problem.

Here, this is a torrent that was made publicly available, it is the blockchain up to block 279,000: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/blockchain/bootstrap.dat.torrent/download
More info on that torrent can be found on the bitcoin website: https://bitcoin.org/en/download

I downloaded the torrent in college in less than 1 hour :D (4.8Mb/s download!!) It really speeds up the blockchain download. :thup:

Back