• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo Asus p5pkl am in gb + core 2 quad Q9300 2.5GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dangerouSoul

Hi guys, i upgraded my cousin´s pc to the core 2 quad Q9300 but the system won´t boot, not even post, previously he had pentium 4 3.8GHZ it works well, it boots, gets in OS.. he has an old system, so i bought a present for him Q9300 2.5GHZ quad core but i install it, i put new thermal paste on it and put the cooler on all ok, but when i power the pc on all lights and fans turn on but no post.. I would appreciate some help.. Mobo has version 0506 ( P5PKL-AM IN/GB). I guess this cpu is supported by his mobo. In Asus website i don´t find supported cpu list anymore.....

This the same mobo ya had the shutdown probs with?
Anyhoo....looks like that cpu is indeed supported since bios 0301.
You sure ya got everything properly seated and connected?

This the same mobo ya had the shutdown probs with?
Anyhoo....looks like that cpu is indeed supported since bios 0301.
You sure ya got everything properly seated and connected?

Yes mate, but everything is ok.. with old cpu it boots, gets in OS but with the new one it doesn´t.. I saw somewhere the new cpu needed the 0406 bios. my cousin´s pc has 0506.

Nope...as both Scotty and myself have already said, supported since the 0301 bios. 0506 should be as fine as wine.
Sure the 4 pin atx is securely plugged in?
Wouldn't hurt to simply unplug and securely replug 24 and 4 pin power....

i know mate, but it isn´t recognized in ez flash. i downloaded the bios update and saved it, it has extension (.rom), i copy it to my usb device which is in fat 32, restarted pc, went to bios, ez flash utility but i don´t see the bios file to update. it isn´t recognizable.

Don't worry about the bios....you're good there.

OK mate i must be something else but i don´t now what it is because with the old cpu it works well. With the new one it doesn´t.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa! Wait a minute...I thought this wasn't posting. You're able to access bios screen?[/QUOTE

It doesn´t post with the new cpu.

Actually i didn´t.. but with the new cpu installed i can´t do nothing.. but i can clear bios with jumper , i forgot about that.

Couldn't hurt ;)

Indeed mate.. I actually do that all the time when needed.. In this case i forgot =(. Eheh. I will try it later and i will tell u something =). Thanks for helping.

PS: Reseting CMOS worked like a charm mate. =). My cousin is happy with the upgrade eheh. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Back