• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo for i5 3550 and i5 3570K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rixon.d9

Registered
Hi there guyz,My Needs are for gaming and I'm still not sure which Processor to buy , To keep my options open can u suggest me VFM Mobos for i5 3550 and 3570K Processor.

Can Some1 explain why should I go for OC? :bang head

How much extra will I have to shell out for Casing and Cooler if I wer to go for OC.

Other Specs : Corsair GS700 | Corsiar Vengenace 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 2TB | Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X/ Sapphire HD 7870 | Cooler Master Elite CM311

Welcome to the forums!

Let me start with this simple question, WHY NOT OC? :p but that aside, i would throw down the extra money, get the 3570K. It's like what 20$ more? Than farther down the road, let's say 3 years down the road. When your games start to choke on the lack of power. Than poof you ramp everything up, and you're good to go! for gaming the 3570K is the best out there, it's been proven in my mind to be the best.

Now onto Motherboards; For gaming a OC i would suggest either the Asrock Extreme4, or the Asrock Extreme6. For their gaming specialties, and for their OC potentials! :)

Now your other specs...

Case is fine. RAM is perfect, however i would prefer 16GB. unless you've already bought new Hard Drive, i'm not very trusting of Seagate, meaning; i don't want you to lose all your data... Graphics card is fine, however i'd go with the 7870.

Have you decided on a Power supply? to drive that i think a decent 500W Corsair Power Supply would do you nicely.

Hope this helps!

:welcome:

Overclocking used to be hard. Now, with the new Sandy Bridge processors is as easy as upping Vcore and upping the multiplier until you are happy. It's just free power, no reason not to overclock these new SNB/IVB processors.

- For the motherboard, just go with the Z77 Extreme4. You don't need any of the features of other boards. If you find a combo deal / discount for another Z77 board from a reputable manufacturer (ASUS / EVGA / GIGABYTE / MSi / ASRock), just buy that one instead if it's cheaper than the Z77 Extreme4.
-Take the 7950 for gaming if you can afford it.
- With consumer hard disk drives, it's six and a half, no problem whether you choose WD or Seagate. I had trouble with both. The best one was old Hitachi but it disappeared (WD bought it), although I also loved Samsung and Seagate got away with it. Just go with the cheapest one.
- RAM is OK, you are not going to use 16GB (I hardly do, excluding VM madness times). You don't need anything faster than 1600 / PC3-12800 for gaming.
- As far as for the cooler goes, get a 120mm tower cooler, the Hyper 212 comes to mind.
- I don't really like the GS series, IMHO they are just a colorful CX. But it will do, no problems.
- The case will do.

I'm also in the same ballpark as the two posts above,
I5-3570k Asrock Extreme 4 Z77
8g ram ddr3 1600
What resolution and settings you like to play, makes the difference in what Gpu I would choose.

I think MD my friend, what Res and how many screens would be a good question to ask the OP as it can my a big difference to the GPU Card you will need. But for everything else that's been said +2 on the Mobo and CPU etc. AJ.

If you are not overclocking far, I also vote the Asrock Z7 extreme 4 as a solid bang for your buck board.

As far as the GPUs... he already listed that he has one or a choice between two?? Assuming he is at 1080p, both he selected will do, get the best you can afford.

16GB of ram is overkill for a gaming machine. Not worth the difference IMO. The 8GB you listed is fine.

Why overclock? Its free performance and you posted at a forum named overclockers.com. :p

+1, early june IIRC for haswell release.

So maybe something like mid june for real in store avail.

Welcome to the forums!

Let me start with this simple question, WHY NOT OC? :p but that aside, i would throw down the extra money, get the 3570K. It's like what 20$ more? Than farther down the road, let's say 3 years down the road. When your games start to choke on the lack of power. Than poof you ramp everything up, and you're good to go! for gaming the 3570K is the best out there, it's been proven in my mind to be the best.

Well this Convinced me to go for i5 3570K.About the case I got lot of advices that my Case cannot hold sufficient Coolers required when Overclocking. Do I need Alternative Case ? I would be against it because now I live in UAE. In a year or so will shift back to INDIA

+1 ASRock Z77 Extreme 4-6 is a good motherboard. I would go with i5 3570k so you can overclock if you want even a small overclock will make sure you use the graphic card to the max.

Back