• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo for i5 3550 and i5 3570K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With a i5 3570k you don't even need to overclock to use a single HD7970 video card to the max. stock with turbo you get 3.5 GHz on 4 cores, you can overclockto 4.1GHz and do fine or 4.5GHz on 4 cores and really be set for the future.

With a i5 3570k you don't even need to overclock to use a single HD7970 video card to the max. stock with turbo you get 3.5 GHz on 4 cores, you can overclockto 4.1GHz and do fine or 4.5GHz on 4 cores and really be set for the future.

That Explains it well. Well I'l be sticking to HD7950.Still great for 2-3 years I believe

Which HDD should I go for ? I have lot of Data to store ( Games,Movies etc ). I find going for 2TB is economical but risky, Meanwhile having 2x1TB will be less damaging in case of failure.

How often do these HDD Break down ? My old samsung is still running in 5th year ( SOLD )

I wouldn't worry about overclocking ram, in most cases you wont see any difference while gaming and/or everyday use. Most of the time people overclock ram for benching purposes.

Which HDD should I go for ? I have lot of Data to store ( Games,Movies etc ). I find going for 2TB is economical but risky, Meanwhile having 2x1TB will be less damaging in case of failure.

How often do these HDD Break down ? My old samsung is still running in 5th year ( SOLD )

HDD's don't break very often, although i seem to be very unlucky with them xD i had two go down in one macbook, maybe it was just cursed, i would go with 2x2tb WD Red HDD's at 7200RPM so you don't run out, i have one an it's phenomenal, i'll be getting another 3 to Raid 10 them all! trust me data adds up quickly when you're playing games and storing movies -_-

I don't know what the failure rates are for HD's, I know that out of the 30 or so drives I've owned in my lifetime, I've had maybe 2 fail. With that said I always have a backup, if I had 2 tb worth of valuable information I would get two 2tb drives and either set them up in Raid or some way have an exact copy of the main drive.

I am also in dilemma between;
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
Asus P8Z77-V LK
My all previous systems were based on ASUS boards...
But since You all recommended Asrock xtreme4...maybe it's time for a brand change?
I read somewhere that the baord is very thin and that ppl have feeling that it will crack..
Is that really the case?

Which one guys??

Its not thin, its just smaller than the ATX spec. As far as which, any will do really. I would say Ex4 or Ex6 though to save you a bit of money and get a decent board.

I don't know what the failure rates are for HD's, I know that out of the 30 or so drives I've owned in my lifetime, I've had maybe 2 fail. With that said I always have a backup, if I had 2 tb worth of valuable information I would get two 2tb drives and either set them up in Raid or some way have an exact copy of the main drive.

RAID ? Something Which I havent heard before. Will Google RAID soon . Would appreciate if some1 could say the purpose of RAID

Back